baby hamsters

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbaxter

Reaction score
ok i am now the carer of 2 adult hamsters,now seperated !! and 3 baby hamsters about 9/10 days old in with mum their eyes are still closed,i do not have much info about baby hamsters so any advice would be brilliant.i am keeping mum in quiet room lots of food and water and have read to give her boiled egg for proteinporridge and milk and sunflower seeds slowly as she hasnt had any of all before will try post pics ,Thanks sue

yes i was helping someone who was cleaning in a clients house and was asked to put some food in for these hamsters other than a cleaner popping in they were left !! which is why i have taken them back to my house and seperated them.i do know the family as i look after their child !! they havent had the hamsters long as took them on as someone else wanted rid of them any way long story they are back next week after a 2 week holiday and i am loathed to give the hamsters back they obv have no idea as the mummy hamster would have looked quite pregant? !!!

Glad they're separate now. Mom could already be pregnant again. They can be impregnated shortly after babies are born and I have no doubts that she is again.

Syrian/teddy bear/whatever you want to call them are solitary animals. They shouldn't live together into adulthood. It just leads to severe fighting or babies.
Hopefully the babies all have homes lined up soon, because once they need to be separated from mom it's going to suck having so many cages. If they don't get separated on time they'll have many more babies on the way. Google caring for pregnant hamster, or caring for babies and find out what you need to know that way. Like when they need separating and what changes happen as they grow. If they're taking them back make sure they know as much info as you can find.

Laugh out loud with regards to them getting them back they have given them up to me,well they had no chance anyway ! ok thanks re advice re her being pregnant again crumbs i thought we may have been safe with the babies only 10/11 days :( oh well we`ll cope but am also posting on a hamster website for advice re sexing and when to separate them all crumbs i need to find 3 more homes now :) Thanks for your help :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back