Baby eyes?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binky Bunnies

Reaction score
I was wondering if young rabbits (or all younganimals in general) have mildly impaired vision. I know that rabbitshave a blind spot right in front of them but, it seems to take him alittle while before he can see me anywhere. Our dog seemed to have thesame thing going on when she was a puppy. Just something I waswondering about.

-Tiana & Atticus

I'm unsure about the impaired visionpart. However, I read a lot on rabbits and am informed thatthey do have a blind spot directly in front of their face.They also see things in green and blue.

I've never seen any information on it.I'm assuming that their vision needs to be rather good at a young age,as they are a prey animal out on their own in the wild at 3 weeks.

Our bunnies seem to be able to have good eyesight at a young age, butdue to their inborn flight response may run into objects in their hurryto escape.

Pam

I don't know about impaired vision, though it istrue that rabbits have a blind spot directly in front of them. Perhapsit's because he's so young, that his brain is still working ontranslating what he is seeing. We actually "see" using our brain, andthis lil guy's is still growing, so maybe it's just a matter of alittle more development.

~M

m.e. wrote:
Idon't know about impaired vision, though it is true that rabbits have ablind spot directly in front of them. Perhaps it's because he's soyoung, that his brain is still working on translating what he isseeing. We actually "see" using our brain, and this lil guy's is stillgrowing, so maybe it's just a matter of a little more development.

~M
That may be it. His little brain still trying to figure things out.Thanks for all of your input guys, just a random little question ofmine :)

Latest posts

Back