baby coat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panacrent

Reaction score
Angie is just about three months old now. shes very soft and cuddle-able right now.

will she grow out of her coat? around what age should i expect her to? and will she be less fuzzy?

Katie

I have no idea, Ithinkit will over time but not alot.

I have a question for you. at what age is it ok to take the babies away form the mother doe?

Midnight just had babies

Hello Bunnyman,

I will try to answer your question to the best of my ability. Ques.[Atwhat age is it ok to take the babies away form the mother doe?]

Most Breeders wean the kits at between six and eight weeks. A meatbreeder will often wean at four weeks. This is quite successful and fortheir purpose serves them well. I would wait till the Kits are at leastsix weeks old. I wean at six weeks and the siblings remain togetheruntil they are eight weeks old or older. In N.Y.S. it is against theAg.Marketing Laws to sell any rabbit under eight weeks of age. Thoughit is often done by unscrupulous Raisers and Pet-shop suppliers forvarious monetary reasons. [I don't agree with such actions] I hope thishelped. Best of luck with your little ones.

Dennis,C.V.R.

Well she will still be soft, but just not as softas her baby fur was. The adult rabbit fur is more smooth and sleek withmy french angora rabbits. But the fur is always soft to touch in myopinion.Cassandra:)

Back