Baby Bunny's Room, Set Up

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookie420

Reaction score
Cookie is a very lucky bunny I must say! :big wink:

Cookie has a My Home Sweet Home Large cage. My boyfriend and I searched for a water bottle that does not leak, and found one. It is a Super Pet Flat bottle, and i recommend you get it! He has a triangular pet litter box with Kaytee litter.

We made him a maze with card board boxes and he seems to love it! We put some of his favorite toys inside so he could play with it inside. We also placed some hay for him to chew on. :)

We also got a cat litter box and shredded old phone books to fill it up with. We put hay and pellets in there so he could dig for it!

This room has been TOTALLY taken over by our little Cookie! but we Love him:biggrin:

Anymore projects do you all suggest us working on next?? Thanks for looking! :heartbeat:

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

Cookie has a My Home Sweet Home Large cage. My boyfriend and I searched for a water bottle that does not leak, and found one. It is a Super Pet Flat bottle, and i recommend you get it! He has a triangular pet litter box with Kaytee litter.

We made him a maze with card board boxes and he seems to love it! We put some of his favorite toys inside so he could play with it inside. We also placed some hay for him to chew on. :)

We also got a cat litter box and shredded old phone books to fill it up with. We put hay and pellets in there so he could dig for it!

This room has been TOTALLY taken over by our little Cookie! but we Love him:biggrin:

Anymore projects do you all suggest us working on next?? Thanks for looking! :heartbeat:

Wow!!!! That's a great homemade maze! What a lucky bun!

Maybe you can think about adding levels to the maze ;)

I would only put litter in his litter box in his cage. That way he does not get confused.

Kinda like potty training a kid you want him to know where the bathroom is.

Tessie wrote:
yes the maze is awsome :)everything looks great.

is that lettuce he is eating (bad)
There is nothing wrong with feeding rabbits lettuce. The only lettuce type that should not be fed is iceberg. If you feed fresh vegetables, make sure to introduce them slowly to the diet to prevent stomach upset. Fresh veggies provide a good source of wet fiber, vitamins, and minerals.

tonyshuman wrote:
Tessie wrote:
yes the maze is awsome :)everything looks great.

is that lettuce he is eating (bad)
There is nothing wrong with feeding rabbits lettuce. The only lettuce type that should not be fed is iceberg. If you feed fresh vegetables, make sure to introduce them slowly to the diet to prevent stomach upset. Fresh veggies provide a good source of wet fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
I know allthat, but it looks like Iceberg that is what I was wondering

thanks everybody for the feedback/opinion.

i think that lettuce is iceberg lettuce so im going to stop feeding him it and look up better veggies for cookie. thanks teesie.

anyways the cardboard maze i made was inspired by maze haven. people on the forums says their bunnies love the maze haven but $30 for cardboard? that a bit too much and you know bunnies will chew it up so i just went to home depot and bought 2 large moving cardboard boxes for around $2 each and made a maze haven replica. im thinking about making some holes for the top so cookie can peek out some holes once in a while. but overall cookie loves his new maze. he navigates his way through and chills inside because its nice and dark. its funny too because i was suppose to make 4 main door around the corners but i left one door half way cut and cookie sometimes uses it as a doggy door instead haha. i will think about making a second level but the cardboard is not strong cardboard and may not hold weight of a bunny. so we will see. i might make a DIY of this maze so everyone can make their bunny their own maze so they can roam around! ty everybody. :biggrin:

What would you suggest us using for the rest of his cage besides the litter? we have been trying to potty train him for months. He knows not to pee/poo outside his cage, but treats his whole cage as his litter box! :(

cookie420 wrote:
What would you suggest us using for the rest of his cage besides the litter? we have been trying to potty train him for months. He knows not to pee/poo outside his cage, but treats his whole cage as his litter box! :(
I only have a litter box with aspen shavingsnothing in the cage bottom and it works great .Also your welcome about the lettuce. :)

Awesome room and what a cute bunny :)!

You do not need anything covering the cage floor...the plastic is just fine. You can put in a towel or some fleece, though, but that might be something to add in later after he is fully litter box trained (a few stray poos count for that).

Please do make a DIY for the maze! I am super curious to know how you made it.

i will use probably a towel for the bottom of the cage. cookie is good about pooping inside the cage and usually pees in his litter. and when i have time i will make instructions for the DIY maze. saves a lot of money than buying Maze Haven and more customizable for your rabbits delight :).

I would put nothing in the cage tell he is 100 percent litter trained.

Storm and jessi have a plastic bottom tell Amy makes there new bed

Mrs. PBJ wrote:
I would put nothing in the cage tell he is 100 percent litter trained.

Storm and jessi have a plastic bottom tell Amy makes there new bed
I agree with nothing in the bottom .except :litterhealthy::)

Latest posts

Back