Baby bunny with fur loss

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massie777

Reaction score
I know we have talked about this before on this forum but just can't find the page.
I have a litter of 5 mix breed bunnies that are 2 1/2 weeks old. There is one runt in the litter that I knew from the beginning may not make it but he is still with us. He is half the size of his siblings and today I noticed that he is starting to lose his fur, it is mostly around his eyes and some on his back that he is losing. Not sure what this is, I remember a topic on her about it and was wondering if anyone could help me out. I know I am probably going to lose him but just want to know whats up with him.
His eyes are open and he moves around fine, just really small and losing fur.
thanks

Not sure but you may want to talk to a vet tech, they could probably tell you. I hope the bun makes it. Do the other ones nip on him?

The only things that I'm aware of that might attribute to fur loss would be fur mites or over grooming.

Oh yeah....molting, too. But I think baby bun is too young to molt yet ;).

he is actually doing really well. I think he was just the runt. he is still smaller but seems to be around the same size as some of his siblings. The hair lose wasn't really hair lose at all. He has a really weird hair color that is black on the tips but white/ grey on the root of the fur so he looked like he didn't have much fur in spots but it was just a different color. I will have to post some pictures of him when I get some.
He is a real cutie so I hope he makes it but they are around 3 weeks old now and he is going strong.

:thumbup:party0002::dancingorig::bunnydance::jumpforjoy:

Can you tell I am happy to hear your bunny is doing well????

Latest posts

Back