Baby bunny and cage aggression

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massie777

Reaction score
I have a litter of 7 week old Netherland Dwarf rabbits. They are all really friendly but in the last week one of the babies has become cage aggressive.
It is a male and when I put my hand in the cage he will lung and bite. Which is kind of funny since he is soo little but at the same time hurts. He has bit me twice.
He gets very hormonal too with his tail in the air and running around and grunting. I have never seen this in such a small rabbit. What can I do?
His two siblings will be leaving next week and he will be left alone here, do you think that might stop it if he is the only one in the cage?
He doesn't show aggression to his siblings which one is male the the other is female.

Any info or tips would be great. I am afraid he wont find a home since he is so aggressive at such a young age.

He sounds afraid, rather than hormonal. I'd lay with him and spend extra time with him to get him more used to people. Otherwise, you could put him as free to a home with someone who can rehabilitate him.

Latest posts

Back