BABIES

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbyBabbyRabbit

Reaction score
Cameron, had 2 babies that i can see, one is lostand away from the nest, do i put her back in or near the nest? and ifso, how do i go about doing that, one is safely in the nest, full ofhair, and its just a little hole its in, she kept pushing the box away.HELP!

ok, it was an igloo, dont have anytime now tomake a box, when i get the other kit in the nest, ill put the iglooover it, do i put the baby under the fur from the mom, like the otheris, and the wanderer has been out about 10 minutes, and its warm in theroom there in, im so excited, ill get my sister to put him near the nest

How is the doe? Is she nervous? Do you thinkshe'll be comfortable in the igloo? is it shaped like a actual igloo?I'd make sure she can easily getto them, you can easily checkon them, and that there isn't a big chance the kits could getloose.Be sure to palpate the doe again to see if she has anykits left. how long has it been since the last kit was delivered?

Ellie

ok, she found mom across the cage, and is nursingi think, but my sis is on the way home to take care of it, im worriedshe wont nurse, i hope she does, UGH, im paranoid, i thought theyd bestill borns, i was so surprised, i heard a sqeak, and started flippingout, is there something wrong that she only had 2 kits?

we didnt even feel these kits in her, i will whenthe lost baby is in the nest, will she go over to them and let themnurse? Should i put the igloo over them after the kit is placed back inthe nest. When i sadi she pushed the box away i mean when it was nearhe little nest, she pushed it out of the way, she didnt use it, and thenest isnt covered on all the sides, so they easily escape, should i putsome bedding around the edges?

ALRIGHT SO I CALLED THE EMERFENCY VETS AND THEY TOLD ME TO BLOCK

OFF HALF THE CAGE AND SO SHE CAN GET TO HER BABIES AND STAY WITH THEM

SHE IS A FIRST TIME MOTHER, AND SHE DOESNT SEEM TO BE AROUND HER TWO

CHILDREN. SHE KEEPS LAYING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF A 3 BY 3 FEET CAGE AND

PANTING. SHE JUST HAD HER LITTER AT ABOUT TEN O CLOCK. AND THERE IS ONLY

TWO IS SHE GOING TO HAVE MORE? AND WHAT SHOULD I DO I AM IN A COMPLETE

PANIC, ITS SO EXCITING. BUT I AM SO SCARED. MY BOYFRIEND KEEPS SAYING

LET NATURE TAKE ITS COURSE, SHOULD I? I MADE A BOX TO PUT ON TOP OF THE

NEST IS THAT ADVICED? PLS HELP!! IMMEDIATELY THANKS SOOO MUCH

Just pick the baby up and put it in thenest. Check the nest for anymore babies or ones that didn'tmake it.... you need to remove any of those if there are.....

No blocking off is needed or anything. Just check the babieswhen you can and see if they have nice little round tummies.She will only feed them a couple of times when no one is aroundgenerally.

She will stay away from the nest most of the rest of thetime. That's what wild bunnies do to keep predators fromfinding the kits.

If the bunny is familiar with you and stuff, you don't need to worryabout your scent on the babies. If you are still concerned,pet her first to get her scent on you.

Keep us posted :) and Congratulations!!

Well I did stay up all night long and made surethe babies were ok. Well, cammeron woke me up because shestarted shuffling around the bedding. And I woke up and shewas kicking bedding over the babies. But this morning Ilooked and saw that the bedding was moving so I am assumingthe babies are fine. When can I touch them? andwhen are they ...not going to be so fragile?... Cammeron is stilllaying on the ground... on the opposite side of the cage, is thatnormal? she is still panting semi hard and I am worried abouther. The babbies are definately precious.I am so excited. but she only had two. ... is that normal?this is her first preg. i was told that she couldhave some more through out the course of the night, and well...i didntsee anymore but they were all covered up, so I dont know - I may havemore grandchildren. Thanks for all the comments though theywere very helpful. Thanks again. aay

Well, good luck on the babies, seems like you finally got what you want!

Can I ask why you changed your member name...and why you are using both? That's kind of confusing...

babbitlover wrote:
Well I did stay up all night long and made sure the babieswere ok. Well, cammeron woke me up because she startedshuffling around the bedding. And I woke up and she waskicking bedding over the babies. But this morning I lookedand saw that the bedding was moving so I am assuming thebabies are fine. When can I touch them? and whenare they ...not going to be so fragile?... Cammeron is still laying onthe ground... on the opposite side of the cage, is that normal? she isstill panting semi hard and I am worried about her.The babbies are definately precious. I am so excited. but sheonly had two. ... is that normal? this is her firstpreg. i was told that she could have some morethrough out the course of the night, and well...i didnt see anymore butthey were all covered up, so I dont know - I may have moregrandchildren. Thanks for all the comments though they werevery helpful. Thanks again. aay
Hun, I think you need to start reading what people write. Most of your questions have already been answered above.

The doe will only nurse the kits once or twice a day, normally at oddhours, so it is unlikely you will ever catch her with them.

Some does can only have one kit, others can have 10. It just depends on the doe.

You can touch the babies as soon as they are born.

You need to palpate her to make sure that she is not retaining anykits. It is unlikey that she will have anymore, they ususally givebirth to all kits within 10 minutes or so.

~Nichole

sorry, about the confusion with usernames, theBabbyrabby rabbit or whatever is my sisters, and she posts, but illmake sure she uses my account

Latest posts

Back