Babies w/snuffles???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessyGirL

Reaction score
I bought a mini lop & a dwarf back on Jan 24th, at the age of 8 weeks...When I brought them home that first night, they just laid on my chest, plus, my boyfriends chest all lethargic...I also noticed them having little sneezing fits & making odd noises when they breath, like wheezing sounds, once I took them out of the box...I thought maybe it was the bedding they were in at the pet store, so I tried some wood stove pellets instead, but that didn't help them stop sneezing...The pet store was of NO HELP to me and after 2 weeks of going back & forth with them, I gave up, took the babies to a vet, especially after I noticed a thick mucous coming out the nose of the mini lop...Now, the two babies have been on meds for 2 weeks, but I'm not noticing any changes in their sneezing/breathing issues and their lil noses are wet stained, but I don't notice any thick mucous coming out their noses...I'm wondering if they have snuffles...The babies are in two separate cages now because one is female, other male, so I don't want them mating...I already noticed the male humping the female one night...I also have other rabbits, which are adults and they stay in another room away from the babies...I don't know what else to do for the babies to make them better... :( Also, they still eat, drink, and go to the bathroom just fine, while also full of energy, so I don't know what to think from that either...

What vet are you using? I highly recommend Dr Thomas at aardvark animal hospital. She has rabbits of her own and has helped my two girls through some bad stuff.
610-363-8080 She is in Exton.

I have bounced around to several vets with my other bunnies, one being too expensive for me...I went to a vet in Radnor I believe, for the babies...Thanks for the info, I'll will write that number down! ;)

I started out with Radnor vet, but they couldn't cure Becky of her runny eyes/sniffling. Dr Thomas got rid of it with her first treatment protocol. She is also half the price.

Okay, that's good to know since cash is tight! I paid 144 I think for both the rabbits to be seen, plus, get meds...I am not far from Exton either...Do they have later hours since I work until 4pm?

A visit is $42 (I think, or very close to that). I had to take Cinderella in emergency and it was still only $68, which is cheaper than Radnor's normal prices.

Hours are Mon, Tues, Thurs 8am-8pm, Wed 4pm-8pm, Fri 8am-5pm, Sat 8am- noon

You can also check them out at www.aardvarkvet.com

Latest posts

Back