Babies on the way!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skits

Reaction score
After a failed attempt at breeding my two rabbits, on the 2nd of August we tried again and now it feels like she will pop any second. :biggrin:

We're going to be keeping all the babies too so I'm excited. I have been trying to figure out what color the babies were going to be but I'm having a hard time finding the genes for a black and white bun. I know they carry over the black gene but would love knowing from rabbit breeders themselves.

Calvin is a blue from what I've seen. He's the sire and a netherland dwarf..
037.jpg

043-1.jpg

And here's the dam, Susie. She looks like a dutch mix to me.
020-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

Her eyes look blue in the picture. The dutch marks can also be known as vienna marks as this is what blue eyed white rabbits carry.
you will probably get black with some vm marked babies. You can get blue babies if mom carries dilute in her background (because blue is a dilute of black) or has a recessive gene.

Because of moms squished face i would guess she is a netherland dwarf also
Forwarning Netherland Dwarfs I hear are the hardest rabbits to breed.
EDIT: Also 1 year is not promising for a first litter, usually does wont take. Good luck.

Do you mean you bred her September 2nd? If she was bred on August 2nd she should have already popped. Rabbits usually kindle 30-32 days

Ok thanks. :)I know in her previous home she's had 2-3 litters already. Also she has a longer face, it seems squished in the pictures for some reason but I'll need to get some better ones soon. And oops, yes September 2nd. :D

skits wrote:
Ok thanks. :)I know in her previous home she's had 2-3 litters already. Also she has a longer face, it seems squished in the pictures for some reason but I'll need to get some better ones soon. And oops, yes September 2nd. :D
lol no problem. And if shes already had litters before then you should be good to go.

I've seen plenty of dutch with that bright blue eye like a BEW, so she could be a dutch, actualy markings, eyes and all she looks just like my friends black dutch doe, but she's 8 years old now. I had one tort dutch doe I had picked up that also had that bright blue eye, I moved her to a pet home. I had failed to notice the eye when I got her.

I can't wait to see the babies.

They do both have blue eyes. Calvins are more a blueish gray while susies are very light blue to the point people are scared of her eyes when they see her :D

Also we forgot to weigh her before she was pregnant. :(Our pet scale had dead batteries and it took us weeks to remember to get new ones. She's a little bigger than calvin though whos anetherland dwarf.

Also babies can come any day now, very excited! :)

yes dutch can have the blue eyes that yours does. I also have a picture of a chocolate dutch that my friend had come out of her dutch herd. It is a DQ but it can happen.

psyco2.jpg

Personally I really dont think she is full dutch. Her face just doesnt look right and looks too smushed. Dutch have more pointed noses and usually are more snipey than smushed. Ithink shes a mixof dwarf (b/c of the face) and a dutch (b/c of the ears)But she is cute regardless.

I think she is a mix :) She also started giving birth now! I went to see her and she was eating a very tiny baby. Is that normal? I think it might of been the runt and was stillborn. :(

Back