Babies have color??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babbitlover

Reaction score
Is it normal for the new born babies to have color, they were just born yesterday

ok, its just i had always saw pink ones, butummi have a pic, this is the size of each baby, ecept for onewho is alittle smaller, there about

------------------------------------------- long or so, and they are sooo soft, they have alittle fur i think

its just pink and black, well get pics in acouple days, 2 are gray, 1 is brown, and 1 is pink and black, theycolors all have alittle pink in them. how long can you keep the babiesout for? can you actually take them out, and hold them for about 5-10minutes, or is that not a good idea to do?

LOL! that was hilarious, lol, but i really need to know how long can they come out for

They get cold fast without littermates and fur.When you see them squiggling around, they are cold and trying to find awarm spot.

Rose

theyre are 4 of them, so they stay pretty warm,the nest is closed on all sides, but open at the top, cause she nursesthere, and she keeps digging the hole. We held them for about 2minutes. what do we look for in a healthy baby, and how often should ucheck em'

they like to crawl right out of my hands, i haveto make sure i have a soft, but tough grip on them, lol, after a week,how long can you hold them, they are soo cute, plus, is it ok thatthere is open at the top of the tunnel? they cant crawl out, i knowthat, plus theyve been finding there way to the nest when we put themin the cage even though there far away from it lol, like we put themalittle ways from the nest, and they crawl right into it, when i touchthem when they are in and out of the nest, they are really hott to thetouch

i dont know why the brown and 2 grays, look likethey have a coat already, they have really soft skin, and it loookslike fur, could it be? the pink one i might just not be able to see, ifthere skin is brown and gray and gray and pink and black what colorswill they be?? how long can you hold them after a week

oh, and one of the gray ones are smaller than theothers, i dont think the mom is rejecting him, how do i tell if she is,and is he a runt?should i worry about him

It's not uncommon to have different sized babies,although it can be a sign of the lethal double dwarf gene. I'mforgetting the breeds of the parents--what were they again?

Rose

babbitlover wrote:
i dont know why the brown and 2 grays, look like they have acoat already, they have really soft skin, and it loooks like fur, couldit be? the pink one i might just not be able to see, if there skin isbrown and gray and gray and pink and black what colors will they be??how long can you hold them after a week

I know my GSD has a darker tan skin (he's a rust sable color) and myguinea pigs had skin colors similar to their fur coloring - black skinwith black fur, reddish skin with reddish fur, etc. Mybrother's cat lost her fur due to allergies and her skin was dark werethe fur was dark so maybe you will have different coloredbunnies. HTH

even though they are just a day old??? the dads a mini rex, the mom is a holland lop

whats double lethal dwarf disease????!!!!!!! the two grays looks like twins, just different sizes

babbitlover wrote:
even though they are just a day old??? the dads a mini rex,the mom is a holland lop

whats double lethal dwarf disease????!!!!!!! the two grays looks like twins, just different sizes
All dwarf rabbits either carry one normal, one dwarf gene, or twonormal genes. Sometimes both parents will pass a dwarf gene to a baby,and you get what is called a "peanut". Peanuts are much smaller thanyour normal babies, and they normally survive no longer than a weekbecause they cannot digest milk.

~Nichole

Latest posts

Back