Babies growin up...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymandolinist

Reaction score
And I want to know a few things. Obviously I can find this info somewhere else but I would like to have all the simple facts in one place. When do baby Lionheads learn how to drink and eat solid food? I have three. I put some grass in there for mommy and the biggest one started nibbling on some too!

The babies will eat solids and drink as soon as they are mobile. I'd stay away from giving mom fruits, veggies, and the like until the babies are no longer with her as you'll also be feeding those things to the babies as well and their systems are not strong enough for that yet. They can get the runs easily at this age. I wait until they are six months old to give fruits and veggies and I limit their time in the grass as well because of getting the runs.The babies should have pellets and timothy hay at this stage to supplement mom's milk.

Picture233.jpg

Here's my blue Lionhead. I love this picture because he looks so thoughtful.

Picture234.jpg

Here's the black Lionhead. I'm really liking the clean coloring on these two! And they inherited their mommy's ears! What more could I want!:bunnydance:

I was taking pictures of one of them, when I realized that the black Lionheadf had gone into the nearby NIC cage I made for my sister's rex!
Picture237-2.jpg

"See mommy I can go in a big cage!"

Latest posts

Back