Babies born!!!!!!!! Xxxx

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMIE

Reaction score
YAYYY!!!
I am so very happy Millie gave birth late last night/early this morning. I have had a sneeky peek and i saw 2 little dark colored sausages. They looked quite big for how old they are and seemed very healthy, i believe their are at least 2 more but before i could dig through the pile they started screaming and Millie came and bit me. Thanks for the cut Millie :grumpy: !!!!
I have decided to leave the new mummy and the bubbas alone for the next couple of days...
I am really exited :bunnydance:
I will upload piccys when they come out of the nest
Just thought i would share,
Emmie x

p.s, they are lionhead x dutch accidents

Try distracting Mom with a treat so you can check the babies and make sure everyone is alive and well. You'll need to check on them regularly and make sure they're getting fed.

Congratulations!

Congratulations

I totally agree with making sure you check on them and make sure you get a head count and that all are alive, healthy, and eating. If there are any dead ones they need to be removed from the nest. Also babies won't start coming out of the nest until they open their eyes at day 10-14

I have had another quick look last night and their seems to only be 3 but i cant see how far the nest goes down so their could be more. I dont want to touch the babies in fear of millie rejecting them. I am really exited for them to come out of the nest now. Does anyone know if i can feed them leafy greens and grass if i start from an early age in small quantities?

People have fed them leafy greens when they are young though I'm not sure how young. The recommended age is not before 6mos of age.
Greens do give rabbits diahrrea and young rabbits with diahrrea don't do so well and can even die due to it. I would highly not recommend giving any greens till at least 4-5 mos old and I don't even think I would do that.

She will not reject the babies if you touch them that is totally false

Last edited:
People have fed them leafy greens when they are young though I'm not sure how young. The recommended age is not before 6mos of age.
Greens do give rabbits diahrrea and young rabbits with diahrrea don't do so well and can even die due to it. I would highly not recommend giving any greens till at least 4-5 mos old and I don't even think I would do that.

I dont think i will risk it just yet as she is a very stressy mummy

I dont think i will risk it just yet as she is a very stressy mummy. And i didnt think i should feed them greens or grass but i just thought i would check as wild buns eat grass early on i though i might be able to do the same if i did so early on, thanks for the advice
:rabbithop

You know your rabbit the best. I love the idea of maybe distracting her. All I can recommend is to check on the whole nest when you are able to. If there are any dead babies they should be removed asap

Had a decent look today, i think their are 4, 3 black and white and 1 grey and white. The black ones have little blazes on their faces and white socks. I have tried to take some photos but they are not very good here is the best one i could get
Babybuns3daysold_zps96930f41.jpg

I will add more photo's as they grow

Latest posts

Back