Babbs's homethread of furries

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babbs

Reaction score
I have decided to come out of lurkdom and startposting. I have posted a small amount but mostly lurked. This is whereI will keep my lil furries' pictures and stories.

My crew consists of: 2 for sure purebred Holland does(Daisy- Tort,Ginger- broken tort, 2 pet storeHolland bucks (Lopsy andJoey- I think Pam said blue point), 1pet store Dwarf Hototbuck (Robin), 2 pet store mix does (Sandy and Rose), 1 pet storelionhead buck (Monty), and 1 Flemish buck (Athello). Of course we alsohave 2 cats, 2 dogs, 1 bird, 1 snake (ewww) and soon to be 2 waterdragons in the house.

I am currently learning all I can about breeding and the lionheadbreed. I plan to start breedingnext year once we move to anew house. I havea breeder near by to help me and she hasbeen wonderful with all my questions and stuff. I also have Peg tothank for all her help. I have the"Color Genetics oftheNetherland Dwarf Rabbit" by Bobby Schott. Let me just say I have readthis book at least 5 times already and still think I needtoread it more, each time I seem to remember and graps something else!LOL! Genetics is fun but quite confusing.

On to the good stuff- pictures! Some have been posted before and some are new.

Robin and Batman. Batman crossed over shortly after wegot him to Coccidea.

SnugglesAndKisses.jpg

Now I just have to add a picture of just Batman. He is deeply missed.

Snoozing.jpg

My cat Charlie visiting Robin and Batman.

CharlieBatmanRobin.jpg

Batman wants to say hi to Charlie.

CharlieMeetsBatman.jpg

Sammie saying Hi to Batman.

BatmanandSammi.jpg

My son watching Batman and Robin.

DillMeetsBunbuns.jpg

Robin comming up for visits with mommy.

RobinCommingToSayHi.jpg

More pictures!

Lopsy and Joey

LopsyJoeyYummies.jpg

Lopsy and Joey in the run outside.

LopsyJoeyOutside.jpg

Rose in the run.

RoseOutside.jpg

Robin in the run.

RobinOutside.jpg

Dillon giving hugs to Emma. She doesn't care for his attention but tolerates it.

DillonHuggingEmma.jpg

I am outta here.

OuttaHere.jpg

Monty just after I got him.

cuteface.jpg

Playing with Monty's mane!

DevilHorns.jpg

Athello, he loves his pets and brushes but don't you dare pick him up!

FlemieStretched.jpg

Hi mom!

HiMom.jpg

Whatcha doing?

WatchaDoin.jpg

I wanna play!

WannaPlay.jpg

To show how loveable he really is, this is just the second day after hecame home. Dillon picked his foot up a bit and Athello never flinched amuscle.

BigFeetMoma.jpg

And finally introducing my little babies thatwill be comming to thier forever home in October. These preciouslionheads are comming from Peg. She is such a wonderful person ans ishelping me start my herd. I plan to start to aquire my herd in Octoberto get to bond with them and start breeding after the move.

My little tort doe who is still un named.

Hey you! Whatcha doing?

tortdoe.jpg

I am such a good girl!

IamABigGirl.jpg

TortDoe2.jpg

I am also getting this cute black doe and one of the BEW bucks here.

BlackdoeBEWbuck2.jpg

blackdoeBEWbuck.jpg

What adorable pictures! You can tell they're all well cared for and loved. They all look so good. :)

I just love that baby lionhead. Little fuzzball!

I love them. They seem very good and well cared for. I also like the multi-level cages.
I'm sorry for Batman. He has good company across the bridge though.

BABBS,

LOVE the pics....

I see you made your NIC cage.... It looks GREAT! and you've added some little ones too! They are cute!

Nice to see you again,

:monkey::monkey:

Stephanie- they are indeed very loved! Hubbysometimes teases me because I have to go around and give kisses andscritches to all the furries before going to bed. I just gotta saygoodnight! I especially spend lots of time with Robin and then the"puppies" (Lopsy and Joey. Robin is my sweetie pie. He will stick hishead out for nose scritches and then I put my head down and he gives melots of kisses on the forehead! Lopsy and Joey are nicknamed thepuppies becuase they remind me so much of puppies! They look kind oflike pups when running and as soon as I open the cage door or even walkby the cage, they come running to the door. So cute!

Mr Stee- They are spoiled lil furries! Thanks about Batman. He was aloveable boy from the first day. He does have some good company acrossthe bridge. Thanks also about the cages. I have Lyndsy to thank for thehelp of them.

Lyndsy- I went crazy building NIC cages! LOL! I had one that was a 3level cage with another level for storage, another was 2 two levelcages, and another was a3 level cage with a 2 level on top. Ihad to take them down recently though. Every one is closing in onpuberty at the same time and rebelling on the litter boxes. It got tobe too yuckie and too big of a job to clean them. I plan to reamke themagain in the future though.

babbs wrote:
Andfinally introducing my little babies that will be comming to thierforever home in October. These precious lionheads are comming from Peg.She is such a wonderful person ans is helping me start my herd. I planto start to aquire my herd in October to get to bond with them andstart breeding after the move.

My little tort doe who is still un named.

Hey you! Whatcha doing?

tortdoe.jpg

Speaking of your little tort girl....I thought I'd share on here a bit about her day because it was a fairly eventful one...

It started out with her practicing her binkies. She did finewhen she was jumping straight up in the air and coming backdown. But then she decided to add a twist to her manuvers...

She never thought to see who might be under her......

So...she landed on Meathead. RIGHT on Meathead...who had just settled down to sleep.

Meathead has a lot of positive qualities - but waking up in a good moodis NOT one of them. So he starts chasing her around the penand she's trying to leapfrog over the other rabbits who are now gettingstirred up by all this action.

It was soooo funny. I wish I'd had my camera handy - not thatI would have gotten any decent pictures because she was trying to moveso fast and he was chasing her as fast as he could.

However, just before I came over here to type this out for you - Inoticed that Meathead was laying beside her and grooming her...so Ithink all is forgiven.

I do need to tell you though - she may think her name is "Florida" ifI'm not careful. I'll pick her up and coo at her and say,"You're going to Florida"..and she blinks at me and snuggles into myhand. I guess she likes the idea...maybe so she can get awayfrom Meathead.

I hope to take more pictures of her soon and I'll post them here inyour thread so folks can see how your little sweetie is growingup. She really gives us the funniest looks sometimes...Ithink you're going to enjoy her a lot...I know we're enjoying her.

Peg

Mambo- Thanks! I think they are pretty awesome too! Each have their own personality!

Peg- That sounds hilarious! I would have loved to see that one. PoorMeathead though, I don't blame him for chasing her a bit! But I am gladthey made up! I can't wait to see more pictures of her! She sounds likea spunky little girl! That is cute about her name! I am so horrible atnaming I just can't decide. LOL!

Beautiful bunnies! And it's so coolyou're getting one of Peg's lionheads! I can't wait to seemultiple lionhead breeders posting pics on the forum, it'll be so muchfun!

Jan- Thanks! Joey and Lopsy are like little puupies when it comes to food! They love it all!

Fluffy- Thanks! I feel the same way too, I see everyone's bunnies and want them all!

PGG- Thanks! They keep me pretty darn busy but I have 2 daughters thatlove to help out in not only the love and pets but also feeding time,water filling and yes cage cleaning too!

Nauturestree- Thanks! I am actually getting 3 from Peg, the black doeand BEW buck under the tort are also from Peg! I feel so lucky andhonored to be getting them! And I just can't wait to start breedingthese little cuties but I must read read first and I also have to waitfor the new house to have room! LOL!

Freddysmom- Thanks! They demand way moreattention then the other buns do, so like a puppy! My son is thebiggest ham! He knows when I bring out the camera. I see a posibilityof him being a class clown in school too! Always doing something tomake us laugh. His newest thing is running and purposely falling allthe way down. He will do this many times in a row and the way he fallsis so dramtic! Oh, and when he does do something he thinks is cute youhad better clap or he will come make you! And he is not even 2 yet!

Luara- Thanks! I agree with you, they do look a bit fuzzy. They are petstore so I am sure they are not pure and tehy do look totally differentthen my pure hollands. And they have a slight amount of wool on thebutt! Oh man, I just realized I have not posted pics of my pureHollands. Opps!

I thought I'd update you on your little girl this morning.....I tell you - she's a hoot!

I came out here and most of the bunnies were napping. You'llnotice I say MOST of them. Seems like one was just sittingthere grooming herself - and then looking at me as if to say, "It'sabout time you got out here...". Yep - your little girl.

So I bend down into the playpen and start cooing and saying, "Who'sgoing to Florida?" and all the other bunnies sort of open one eye andglance at me - and roll over and go back to sleep. But notyour little girl. I put my hand down in as I coo this - andshe comes running over to my hand and not only getting pets but beggingto get picked up....by standing on her hind legs. Then shefalls over....can you guess who she fell onto?(Hint: Poor Meathead..he's always in the wrong place at thewrong time). Fortunately - he just kept on sleeping.

I picked her up and she nuzzled me and let me pet her - and finally Iput her back in the playpen and she begged to get picked upagain. When I walked away....she went and crawled UNDERMeathead to sleep.

SHe really is a hoot and either Meathead is so big he's always in theway...or she's just a klutz and winds up landing on the biggestbunny.

I have noticed she likes to climb in the food bowl and eat and will tryto get under other bunnies to eat from the bowl....even though I alsoput food outside the bowl for them....

Oh...and she loves oatmeal.

Well - that's the update on your girl today - I'll try to take some pictures over the next few days!

Peg

Awww, what a silly lil girl! Sounds like her andMeathead have fun together! LOL! I bet they are all so fun to watch! Ilove the way you tell the stories too! You always make me giggle. Can'twait for more pictures! :wink:

Latest posts

Back