Awarding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yay i was hoping thats what you were asking.
Ok Starting from the top

BIS - Best in Show (all the Best of Breeds compete for this title)
RIS - Runner Up or Reserve in Show
2nd Runner Up or Reserve in Show
3rd Runner Up or Reserve in Show
Best of Best Opposites (not common in too many shows but this is all of the Best Opposites Competing against each other)
BOB - Best of Breed
BOS - Best Opposite of Sex
BOV - Best of Variety
BOSV - Best Opposite of Variety
In each variety you have 1st place 2nd place etc. of each sex such as Senior Buck and Doe, Intermediate Buck and Doe, and Junior Buck and Doe

There is also something called BOG - Best of Group
and BOSG - Best Opposite of Group. Only certain number of breeds have this like Netherland Dwarfs and Jersey Woolys

Other wins can be
Best 4 Class Rabbit - means there are only 4 classes in that breed such as Senior Buck, Senior Doe, Junior Buck, and Junior Doe
Best 6 Class Rabbit - means there are 6 classes in that breed such as Senior Buck, Senior Doe, Intermediate or 6/8 Buck, Intermediate or 6/8 Doe, Junior Buck, and Junior Doe
Best Junior (in a breed)
Best Senior (in a breed)

I think I got them all . . .

I cant remember but I think purple ribbon can mean the kid made auction with their rabbits or that they won Best of Breed or Best Opposite I think. Someone else might know better

Usually the dark purple rosettes are for Best in Show (for other species, it means Grand Champion) and the light purple ones are Reserve Best in Show (other species, Reserve Grand Champion). I think it's pretty standard across the country, but don't guarantee it. LOL

In my FFA shows they give a dark purple baner for Grand Champion and a lighter purple one for Reserve Grand Champion. They do this for all the animals (breeding rabbits, fryer rabbits, broilers, turkeys, pigs, lambs, goats, stears, heffers, ag mech, horticulture, etc...).

Latest posts

Back