Average Cost of Spay/Neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dia

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the "average" cost of a spay/neuter should be. Can anyone give me an idea?

nater for me , 42 pounds.
the other vet centre said 62 pound!

spay- my vet now, 50 pounfs.
the other near by vet said 100

It is $85 for a neuter and $99 for a spay, at my vet "spay/neuter vet".

Wow, so $350 is crazy i guess. I just am scared to try to bring them to another Vet. I live in New Jersey and I don't know where to go. I have 6 right now that I need to have spayed/neutered.

every place varies, and some places vary quite a bit.

I know two places that charge 90.00 - 100.00 for a spay and 85 for a nueter.

Another place i know charge 200.00 for a spay and 150.00 for a nueter.

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
every place varies, and some places vary quite a bit.

I know two places that charge 90.00 - 100.00 for a spay and 85 for a nueter.

Another place i know charge 200.00 for a spay and 150.00 for a nueter.
see that wouldn't be so bad....to pay that for all of them, but $350 is quite a bit and I don't want to just bring them all to some place cause its cheaper. The Vet. I have did the surgery on my rabbit that passed away, so I know she is good.....

im thinking, ring about for vets in the area and just ask.
sure i wa at 2 diffenrt vets before, and my vet did not mind.

irishlops wrote:
im thinking, ring about for vets in the area and just ask.
sure i wa at 2 diffenrt vets before, and my vet did not mind.
I am going to try to call some other Vets. but even if they are cheaper, some just don't have the experience with rabbits and that truly scares me. I looked into the HouseRabbit site and they let you purchase vouchers and there is a Vet reasonably close to me.....but once again, I do not know anyone that has used him and my rabbits are everything to me....i would NOT want to see anything happen to them.

oh, ishould of said that in my post. my cheap vet is a small animal/ equine/livestock ect vet with differnet vets in it.

Dia i understand what you are saying about taking them to someone you dont know.

what site has the vouchers? i never knew you could get vouchers for a rabbit spay or nueter

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
what site has the vouchers? i never knew you could get vouchers for a rabbit spay or nueter
They have it for the NJHRS (New Jersey House Rabbit Society) page. They have a chapter for each state. I know there is like 8 vets that honor these vouchers in NJ. I think a spay was $92 and a neuter was $72. But my issue is I do not know the vet or anyone who has gone there.

Maybe you could ask the NJHRS members what experiences they had with that vet?
If they recommend them, someone must have been to them before.
You never know, they may do a lot of spays and nueters through HRS, and have good experience. Can't hurt to ask :)

There's also a list of questions to ask a new vet you're considering, to see if they know rabbits or not. I know it's somewhere in the Library section....

Found it! http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15002&forum_id=10

Here at the vet school in Madison it was around $200 for a neuter, including pain meds and pre-op bloodwork.

Ok I guess I better get looking around and finding more out because I see that the quote I got is just too much. Thank you everyone for all your information.

The best vet here charges 40 euro for a neuteur and I dunno how much for a spay, it's cheap but I love that vets, their brilliant.

Latest posts

Back