Automatic Feeders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fancybutterfly

Reaction score
Hello!

Has anyone ever tried using automatic feeders (the ones that are battery operated)?

In the past, my mom has always been the bunnysitter and would stop by my place to feed Bob and Zues their lettuce, and fill their kibble. However, I am moving father away and will not have this luxery.

I have looked online and read reviews of various feeders. Unfortunately, they all receive mixed reviews, with not one product rising above the rest. Also, they are typically made for cats. I worry that the machine will expel too much food.

If you have tried a feeder, I'd appreciate any comments, recommendations, concerns...pros and cons!

Thanks so much!

Marybeth, Bob, and Zeus

Is this for when you're going to be gone on trips, if so, for how long? No feeder is going to accommodate greens.

I think the best thing would be to find some pet people in your new location that you can have feed yours as needed & you can reciprocate. But that's easier said than done, I know.

Yes, I would like to ultimately have that with neighbors. But we are moving into a new neighborhood....

It would be just for the weekend. No long-term vacations.

I could leave a large bowl, but my one bunny will over feed himself!

Ive read up on that...boarders that is...

There was an article archived on here that said you'd be better off keeping them in their own space if possible.

Thank for the sight though, I will definitely look browse though it.

Junkie2....assuming you use the hard timothy pellets as food, did you notice that it dispenses too much? How is the battery life?

These are the 2 most common complaints regarding feeders.

Those have such mixed reviews. they look like a great idea but I would be worried about my rabbits tipping them over and not getting fed all weekend. I'm a worrier though when it comes to my pets.

Latest posts

Back