Attn: To all white fur bunny owners!! (Resolved)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sha10ly88

Reaction score
Does this look like stain to everyone?

DSC08199.jpg

DSC08200.jpg

try to get someone to hold him for you so you can examine under his chin to see if there is any sore or anything there. Right now I don't know what it is...

It looks to me like the scent gland under the chin needs cleaning.

I'm not totally sure how to clean this, though I would think a damp (not dripping) washrag ought to handle cleaning it.

Others will probably chime in and give advice. :)

It looks like an adorable bunny chin! However, it could be excess drooling, which is indicative of tooth problems. Does the stain go all the way to the corners of his mouth? If not, it's probably just from the chin scent gland as Rosie said, and you could spot clean it with a washcloth and perhaps some baby shampoo. Tony's chin gets like that sometimes, and I never clean it, but it's never that dirty for long (he takes care of it quickly).

tonyshuman wrote:
It looks like an adorable bunny chin! However, it could be excess drooling, which is indicative of tooth problems. Does the stain go all the way to the corners of his mouth? If not, it's probably just from the chin scent gland as Rosie said, and you could spot clean it with a washcloth and perhaps some baby shampoo. Tony's chin gets like that sometimes, and I never clean it, but it's never that dirty for long (he takes care of it quickly).

Yea... :D He is definitely adorable.

The stain is only at the Chin. Could it be because he is drinking from the bowl? So it always gets wet and therfore left stains there? I just need to know if the stain is normal or not. :)

angieluv wrote:
try to get someone to hold him for you so you can examine under his chin to see if there is any sore or anything there. Right now I don't know what it is...

Even when someone is already holding him, its so hard to keep him still. Phew!

So I felt his chin and its like kinda rough.

I was also going to say it's probably from the scent gland on his chin. My dudes get like that occasionally too. Does the skin on his chin look irritated?

SnowyShiloh wrote:
I was also going to say it's probably from the scent gland on his chin. My dudes get like that occasionally too. Does the skin on his chin look irritated?
It doesn't seem to look irritated. Mmm... How does an irritated chin looks like?

Irritated skin would be red and/or scaly, kind of like when your hands get chapped. I bet it's just scent gland/water on the fur. It may be best to take a peek at his front teeth if you haven't done that in a while and check that they're aligned properly. They should be flat across, and the top teeth should stick out over the bottom teeth a little.

tonyshuman wrote:
Irritated skin would be red and/or scaly, kind of like when your hands get chapped. I bet it's just scent gland/water on the fur. It may be best to take a peek at his front teeth if you haven't done that in a while and check that they're aligned properly. They should be flat across, and the top teeth should stick out over the bottom teeth a little.
You're right. Its just water on the fur. The teeth looks all fine. Thanks a lot. :)

Latest posts

Back