attack

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna21

Reaction score
Cinabun attacked flopsy today, she wasn'tgrowling but making this other noise it sounded like cooing, like adove would make... it was really weird !! anyone ever hear their bunmake this noise while they were being agressive??

Goodness Luna,

It's not funny that one rabbit is attacking another or starting togrowl at the other. Believe me, you won't want the vet bill if they dofight if the weaker one can survive the fight - and then the stress andpain from recovering from it.

Regardless if one rabbit is subjected to being attacked by the other,it will really stress out the lesser of the two even if it is able toavoid being attacked.

Stress is very bad for their hearts and eventually leads to a heartattack if the rabbit is stressed for a prolonged period of time. Beingin fear of getting beaten up when you're out is very stressful. Itdoesn't take much to kill/stress a rabbit, as you found out a couple ofweeks ago.

I've known a few people who have taken it lightly and they wake up andfind a dead rabbit in the cage because their hearts couldn't take it.That or the one rabbit is bloody if they are in the same cage.

Take this as a warning and don't leave them out together for now. Stagger their time.

I don't find it funny or cute at all.

How's it going finding homes for the baby rabbits that are on theirway? They run a risk at being throw-away rabbits, meaning when thenovelty of having them stops and the work and expense starts, they'reowner will lose interest and a shelter or such will get them. Breedersof purebreds don't have it easy finding homes for their rabbits aspets. The fact that yours aren't purebreds make them that much moreliable to being a throw-away.

I hope you're concentrating on school and finding good homes for the babies.

-Carolyn

I only saw one big bunny fight--my 2 lb dwarf doeand my 7 lb. mix doe escaped and fur flew everywhere. It's nasty tryingto stop a flying fur ball!!! :shock:

vicious little critters, they can be.....:p

Rose

Im sorry, I didn't know fighting could actuallyresort to death:(I really didn't understand the seriousnessof this issue !!! I am keeping them seperated they have their owncages! I tried spraying cinabun when she attacked and it worked for awhile but then it lost its effectiveness!! My good friend is the ownerof a pet shop and said that she will be buying the babies from me andbunnies go reaallly fast at that pet shop its a small town and everyoneis always looking for bunnies! Its a really good place and my friend isdedicated to each and everyone of her animals!!Im sorry if I offendedanyone with my last post as I didn't mean to laugh about the fighting,its only that I didn't understand why she was making such an odd noise!I always broke up the fights anyway and did not let them go on for anysuch length of time and I always put flopsy right back in his cage whenshe started to growl again! As for myself im keeping busy with mydaughter who is very excited for Christmas, I don't go to school orwork as I have a chronic illness that most of the time prevents me fromgoing anywhere outside myhouse!

I still laugh, years later, thinking of how alittle tiny dwarf had the guts to take on one large girl. But at thetime I was terrified!

:D

Rose

P.S. deciphering all the weird bunny noises is tricky business! ;)

Hi luna21,

I'm sorry if I came across strong. I'm sensitive to rabbit fights because I've seen the damage they can do.

It doesn't take long from the time the fight ensues until it's over fora rabbit to get badly hurt. I'm sure you can imagine that with thosesharp teeth, one bite can be very harmful, and their having a heartattack definitely is something to be concerned about as I mentionedabove.

I'm glad your daughter is looking forward to Christmas. I truly hope it's a good one for you.

-Carolyn

I agree with carolyn that you should probablykeep them separated. The stress could cause major damage as well aswhat damage that could be done by the actual fighting. Flopsy doesntneed the stress, but it's also stressful to Cinabun. You could end uplosing both of them.

Lanna

Thanks guys!!! Flopsy is taking his run firsttoday, lots of binkies, he's such a happybunny !!!I hope you have a very nice Christmas tooCaroline and a Happy New Year !!!

Back atcha with the happy holidays, Luna21.

:dude:

-Carolyn

Back