at what age...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhoffman

Reaction score
At what approximate age do Holland lop bunnies usually lop? I bought a couple bunnies yesterday, the crate was marked "lop year bunnies). Not sure if they are actually lop eared and their ears haven't lopped yet.. or if I got a mix breed.. quite possible though.

lop eared buns can lop at any point between 3 weeks and 1.5 years of age.

Depends on how their head develops and how that affects the crown placement of their ears.

Even if bunnies come from pedigreed, fully lopped parents the kits aren't guaranteed to always lop their ears.

Most are usually lopped though before six months of age.

Oh okay. This little one is only roughly 6 weeks old :( Wish he would have been older. I for some reason assumed that they would be lopped by 8 weeks old. I am reading on it now, and am getting mixed answers through google

My Hollands' ears start lopping by 3-4 weeks of age. Usually they still have some control of them (airplane ears) off and on until about 6 months old because the head and crown are still developing. But unless they have horribly tight crowns, they're definitely "loppy" by weaning age.

Latest posts

Back