Assignment

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karona

Reaction score
I need pictures!!

In more detail I need pictures of:

-rescued buns before they were rehabbed (buns in noticably rought shape)

-rescued buns now after all the tlc you gave them!!! (cute pics of funny happy buns)

-rescued buns who have special needs becuse of abuse or just because they do! (before re hab)

-rescued buns who have special needs becuse of abuse or just because they do, doing all they can now and going beyond what was expected for them

-pics of buns that just didnt get to you in time and were lost due to effect of abuse

I need to make a video for my bussiness class to go with my website I had to do. I did my site on how its not jsut dogs and cats that need help. And how to care for bunnies responcibly ect... So I decided to do a slide show set to a very neat song with all these pictures. I will post it here and possably send copies on a dvd to those who contribute.

With each photo I need:
-buns name

-your name

-and for the special buns i need what is "wrong" with them

Post the info here or pm it to me or email me at [email protected]

Both of my buns are rescues. Tony was surrendered by his previous owners to a shelter in Chicago, who kept him for about 5 months and neutered him. I adopted him one year ago today and he has gained LOTS of weight and is a happy little boy. Muffin was surrendered in a neglect situation from a garage breeder who stopped caring for her bunnies. The Humane Society was about to seize the bunnies, but luckily the owner surrendered so they didn't have to go through the legal channels to rescue them. She came in to the shelter underfed and with a baby. She was spayed there and regained weight, and I adopted her about a month after she came in, on Feb 6, 2008. She has been learning how to eat greens and hay and fewer pellets, is still a bit skinny, and is currently in the middle of an epic shed, so that she's gaining a coat for living inside instead of in the garage. You can use any pics of them you want, they're in my blog http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=28184&forum_id=6&page=2
:dude:

Most of my bunnies came to me in good physical shape but their mental state is another story. I cant show thier coat shape or show how you could feel their bones.

Though I can show you Bree. She was big time overweight. She was not let out to play.

100_6055.jpg

I do have one or two that you can see some problems with...

Rocky Balboa A.K.A. Sweet Pea he was almost put to sleep because he was "blind". Than he came to our rescue he just had an ulcer.(white spot on his eye) With some meds and some time he came around. He was my first foster and than he became my moms first rabbit.

Before

100_4213.jpg

After

100_0106.jpg

This is Halo. My moms rescue, he was doing better so he was adopted. Sadly he is not doing so well health wise and we are not certain of his outcome. He was ignored, and rarely fed. I wish we had got to him sooner. Maybe he will have had a better chance.

Before:

101_0616.jpg

101_0622.jpg

My Tractor Supply after Easter find...

Part flemmie with a broken leg..

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Another TSC before easter find.. a Himi with a horrid eye infection..

DSC_0139-1.jpg

DSC_0143-2.jpg

After it was cleaned out

DSC_0147-1.jpg

Thanks!!! This is great keep it comming! You all have done such AMAZING jobs with these buns. I am honoured to do this assignment about them. Just wow.

Hi,

Feel free to use any pics or stories from our blog here on the forum...it's titled "Sabrina's House~~The Rescue. All of our animals are rescue and most of them are special needs...and some of them have some very unusual stories.

Randy

BUMP

PLEASE!!!! This project will help many people see how much rabbits need help. If you ahve a rescue even if you dont ahve before pics just send me a few of them playing with you now!!!

I rescued Lady, the English Spot in my avatar from horrible neglect. She was living at a grotty little smallholding where the owner charged people a few pound to look at the animals. She was in a tiny cage, no bedding, just months worth of filth. She had raw hocks and infected nails, she couldn't stand without pain. She had no food or water. She was skin and bones, the thinnest rabbit I've ever seen. I wondered how she could stand, she was so weak. I persuaded the owner to let me have her, he asked me for £10 for her. He said she was a top show rabbit back in the day. Her BRC ring showed that she was 8 years old! Poor old Lady! She snuggled up to me all the way home and I did my best to make her feet comfortable.

Despite the neglect she had suffered she had such a lovely personality. Her feet soon healed up and she started to put on weight. She spent her nights tucked up with lots of hay and her days stretched out in the sunshine. Sadly, her age and the toll the neglect had taken on her only gave us a few months together, but she will always be special to me. I didn't get to her in time to save her, but I was able to give her the love she deserved at the end of her life.

_MG_3748lady-1.jpg
_MG_3746n2small-1.jpg

I don't have any photos of her at her worst, I'd had her a while by the time I took this photo, as you can see the stains from the filth she had been living in never came off her coat. She was still the most beautiful English I've ever seen. It was interesting to compare her markings to the ones we have today. I havn't seen a rabbit with facial markings as good as hers, but her spots would be considered pretty bad now!

This is great. If you know members who have any buns for thin (especialy special needs ones) contact them for me please!!!! All the contrabutions so far are great.

izabelle's story:

izabelle was a mix rabbit that had astrex or "curly" fur. she came from a family where the mom and dad thought it would be fun to allow their 6 year old (or something) son breed his 2 pet rabbits.

as a result of poor feeding, and bad genetics i brought home this:

100_1635.jpg

underweight, upper resp. infection, loss of fur. . .

i thought that even with all her problems, her will to live would see her though. she was a lover

100_1682small.jpg

and even more so a fighter. vet trips almost 2 times a week, meds, suppliments, she put up with it all

july_5-5.jpg

but sadly, her time came and she didn't make it.

to show just how tiny she was this is her photo, at about 3 or 4 months of age. it is a bird's eye view and she is standing, partially stretched out, on a 12 inch by 12 inch tile

july_5-8.jpg

some more photos

100_1882.jpg

100_1896.jpg

100_1904.jpg

This is dodge he has lived in his cage for 9 months I just got him but I can not even change his cage without him having a nervous shake that is what my vet called it.

I have had him for 3 days and he has sat in his litter box the whole time unless I take him out he will hide under my desk

EJ-0135.jpg

EJ-0137.jpg

Here is a story near and dear to my heart. My little Deanna, all 2 pounds of her, dumped in a park in San Jose, taken to a shelter where she sat in awful pain because of two abcessed eye wounds. The wounds were most likely from a predator attack. She was rescued by The Rabbit Haven, and had to have one of the infected eyes removed. She moved in with us as a short term foster bunny, my wife promptly fell head over heels in love with her (and my wife is not a bunny person!), so we adopted her to live in a trio with our existing pair.

This is her shelter photo. It makes me shiver to look at it:
deanna_before2.jpg

and here she is with her buddies DJ and Curly Sue:

trio.jpg

Karona, I don't have a serious 'physical' rescue story - but if you are intereasted in a more emotional/trust building story you should let me know. I was lucky that Wash was at the rescue for a while before I picked him up, so he was well cared for by the rescue.

karona, feel free to use pictures and stories from our website here http://therabbithaven.org/sponsor_special_needs.htm. Priyani, Camille and Jossalin are particularly stunning before and after situations.

I am the webmaster for The Rabbit Haven, and you have my permission to use these pictures and writeups in an educational video. If you put the video up on YouTube, please post a link so we an all see it.

Good luck with your project!

I got Wash in July 2006 from a small rabbit rescue. He was in good physical condition, but you could tell that he was nervous about people. He didn't want to be touched and he ran away from you if he didn't bite you first. At first I thought it was a hormone issue, so I got him neutered. It helped a little but he was still pretty handshy and nippy. After I joined this forum I learned how to 'bond' with a rabbit better. I sat on the floor and gave him treats whenever he ventured over to me. After a few months he was comfortable enough to let me hold him for a few minutes and let me pet him. When I took him downstairs one day he got scared by my mom walking into the room and hid behind my legs. I was so overjoyed that he finally thought of me as a safety net or his protector. About a year after I brought Wash home I took him to the vet and while the vet was poking and proding (like vets do) Wash jumped onto my chest and stayed there. Now Wash lets me hold him, flip him upside-down, pet him, and he marks and grooms my fingers.

Here is Wash a few days after he first came home with me:

babywash-1-1.jpg

this is him now:

IMG_1726.jpg

Latest posts

Back