Argh!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QTbunnies

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Disinfected all the furries cages today and gave them all a check overand noticed that Kiara had bits! Ryan check her/him over and said thatshe deffinately was a boy. Only a few weeks ago when we checked we weresure we had two females.

I have taken Vitani out of the hutch and both are looking pretty lonelyso i'll give them a supervised play time together tomorrow! :D

They were born on the 19th April so do you think that they are mature?I'll ring the vets tomorrow and see when he can have the snip so theycan go together again.

Siobhan xxx

P.S Taking in name suggestions!! :D

Oh dear. Well congrats on the baby boy.

I don't know, the experts will know for sure, but I know that atpetstores they keep male and female rabbits together that are 3 monthsold, the older buns are separated. Who knows if that's really anyindication, as petstores aren't the best, but hopefully there are no"buns" in the oven. How about Rupaul or Victor Victoria for the name?Or a very masculine name (for his tiny ego) like Thadius or Thor?

By the way, I love how you call them "bits". It's such a pleasant word.

You could name him Kovu since you seem to have had a Lion King 2 theme going. :D

Hopefully you can get him snipped soon so they aren't apart too long.

yes on kovu, but dont forget nuka!!

it wasso hard to switch genders in my mind for angie. i loved rupert so much! oh well.

lol about the 'bits' as sarah pointed out!

my vets timeline has the 'snip' at 4-5 months.

Aww they were born the day after mybirthday! Are they headstrong Arien rams?!LOL I think it may be 4 months that rabbits mature, but I'mnot sure, I know some vets will neuter them at this age.

Well we thought Max was a he, but we're not sure now. Doesn'tlook like he/she has any 'bits'! But then he/she is a bityoung, less than 2 months we think, so we're going to wait a month andcheck again. The poor thing must be fed up being turnedupside down all the time!! :D

But we're keeping the name basically so the rabbit doesn't get mixed upand think we're talking to someone else. Max isn't thatmasculine for a girl... :? Kind of...

I cant call them my girlies any more! :D

I really love the Lion King 2 so I want to keep their names associatedwith it. I really like both Kovu and Nuka as they are vitani's brothersin the film. I told Ryan when we found out Kiara was a boy that Iwanted to name him either of the two. He said Nuka but i'm stillthinking.

Okay I have deffinately decided!! Thank you for the help!

Introducing (again!!).... Kovu and Vitani!!

Bucks are great, Siobhan! :dude:

Everyone's right in saying that you have to wait at least 4 months toget them spayed. Some vets perfer to wait until the 5th month.

They become sexually mature at 12 weeks.

I miss you guys. Give Ryan and Vicki a big hug from all of us and tell them that we can't wait until their plugged-in again.

I hope you have some peace now. You've been through the ringer latelywith saying good-bye to your babies. I'm thinking of you a lot.

-Carolyn

Forgot to mention thatmy mum phoned thevets for me this morning and they said they will neuter him after 4months. I am letting them be together when I am with them so I can makesure that Kovu (that sounds so wierd calling him that!!) doesntmountVitani or anything. Just so they dont miss each othertoo much!

Carolyn, Vickie and Ryan are missing the forum! Ryan is happy at the mobecause hes got 2 baby ferrets. Very cute but not as cute as myfurries! I'll see when Vickiecan to come round to ours fordinner so she can have a go on our computer!!!

Siobhan xxx

*Jumping For JOY!!*

Ryan got two ferrets???

Tell him that we have a member on the board who's a daddy to twoferrets and a rabbit. His name is Iwantatwinkie and he's a great guy.

So does Vickie keep Runty??

Ohhh!! YAY!! :dude:

Give them big hugs for us all.

By the way, the little ones above are gorgeous. They look angelic.

:dude:

-Carolyn

Will they not get on better if they're a buck and a doe though?! It could be a blessing in disguise! :cool:

We're hoping Max is a girl so that when they're neutered, they mightget on quite well. Max was rubbing her face on Henry's cheeklast night so we're hoping it was a sign of affection fromher/him. LOL Henry's still trying to mount her headthough, maybe not affection from him. :?

Latest posts

Back