Arg!! *vent*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiron

Reaction score
Now there's 2 types of animal lovers I know.

The first type, if you explain your situation and ask a question, they will answer your question.

The second type, if you explain your situation and ask a question, they will not answer your question and give you scripted information that has little to do with the problem at hand.

Somehow I have talked to every type 2 person on the freaking planet in the last couple days. And as I have noticed, we have a BUNCH of those people on this website. Not helping and just irritating. I assure you, you don't get very far in educating someone if you're being an annoying scripted drone. You get less far if the person already knows the information and didn't need your scripted drone talk.

Big scripted drone topic : neutering/spaying. YES speutering is important. YES it lessens the chances of all sorts of cancers. YES it helps with aggression and other behavioral issues. But to me, every situation is different. Not everyone wants to speuter their animals RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW GOGOGO!!!! Some people want to wait for a certain age, some people have no money right now, some people are looking for the right vet, and some people actually didn't know or care. You DONT know.

There's other big topics but it differs between animals. Speutering is the major one with all animals.

I understand. Sometimes it's like they cannot think outside of their "information box" and realize their are unique things that come along and the typical answers aren't the right ones.

Sometimes we know the answer and ask for help, but instead get their idea of how we should handle things.

My horse has always been a pig about eating. He slurps and looks around and drops his grain and we've had him checked, we've had his teeth floated..... he's a PIG... he's also has a bit of horsey ADD.... Look at my food nom nom nom.... Oh look! it's the kitty.... *dribbles food all over his stall and stall gate*.....

SIL says "he needs his teeth floated"... No, I just had that done. "Well you need to have him checked every year"..... Yes I do and he's fine. "But it's his teeth causing him to lose grain" ..... NO it's because he's a pig and distracted easily when he's eating...... and he goes back and cleans up his mess later..... "Well, I'm going to take him when I take my horse"..... NO YOU ARE NOT... He will get checked in the spring just like he does every year!

:X

Bo Bunny, both my horses do the same thing! My Thoroughbred makes a terrible mess...she's the same way, she is constantly looking around and trying to eat as quickly as possible because she is worried someone else will get her food (even though she eats in her own area.)

Spay/neuter is a big issue... of course I believe it's important and almost every animal I have from sheep to dogs, to Prairie dogs, and rabbits, are fixed. But not all of them, and while I would promote neutering, I'm not going to attack someone because they haven't done it yet as long as they are responsible pet owners, or responsible breeders. I just want people to take good care of their critters!

I think some people think they know everything about everything and come across the wrong way. I know A LOT of horse people do that. Everyone just needs to share their experiences and advice and keep in mind people and animals are all different.

What I am trying to say is, I understand your grievence!

trailsend wrote:
Spay/neuter is a big issue... of course I believe it's important and almost every animal I have from sheep to dogs, to Prairie dogs, and rabbits, are fixed. But not all of them, and while I would promote neutering, I'm not going to attack someone because they haven't done it yet as long as they are responsible pet owners, or responsible breeders. I just want people to take good care of their critters!

Well said!

trailsend wrote:
I think some people think they know everything about everything and come across the wrong way. I know A LOT of horse people do that. Everyone just needs to share their experiences and advice and keep in mind people and animals are all different.

I swear that the know everything about everything desiease is heretical, EVERY single one of my family members does that! I think I do it allot to, so if Ido please forgive me, as I have trouble telling when I'm being a smartmouth. :p

My cousins have the know everything desiease way worse theI do so I know what you're dealing with.

-TK :)

I find it funny that so many people are on your case to spay and neuter...when they don't even really know you and your situation. I mean, I know you, and I know you go above and beyond for your babies. I also know that you'll handle those things when you can, and not a minute before.

Thing is, so many people don't know this or that, like about the fact that Flemish Giants get speutered at later ages than most, and that speutering ages can actually vary by age. For instance, Teeny won't be neutered until he's at least seven or eight months of age...whereas, the Mini-rexes will be speutered here by the end of February. Different breeds mature at different rates.

Hugs to you...I know how it feels...

Rosie*

maherwoman wrote:
I find it funny that so many people are on your case to spay and neuter...when they don't even really know you and your situation. I mean, I know you, and I know you go above and beyond for your babies. I also know that you'll handle those things when you can, and not a minute before.

Thing is, so many people don't know this or that, like about the fact that Flemish Giants get speutered at later ages than most, and that speutering ages can actually vary by age. For instance, Teeny won't be neutered until he's at least seven or eight months of age...whereas, the Mini-rexes will be speutered here by the end of February. Different breeds mature at different rates.

Rosie*
Lol the actual question that sparked my vent was "Is 4 months old too young to spay?" about Sassy. I'm not asking, "should I spay my cat?" it's "should I spay my cat at such a young age?" I got soo many pms from people trying to educate me on the importance of spaying and neutering. :pullhair: <---me

okiron wrote:
maherwoman wrote:

Rosie*
Lol the actual question that sparked my vent was "Is 4 months old too young to spay?" about Sassy. I'm not asking, "should I spay my cat?" it's "should I spay my cat at such a young age?" I got soo many pms from people trying to educate me on the importance of spaying and neutering. :pullhair: <---me
Oh wow...well, I'll tell ya one thing...you're one of the most responsible pet owners I know...

And I hope that the people who gave you the "spay and neuter your pet" speech realize now that you would NEVER go without doing that...but that you wanted to check to see WHEN it was SAFE to do so.

Ugh...I hate it when people give pat answers, and don't take the time to REALLY read what you're asking. It's happened a few times lately. :grumpy:

Latest posts

Back