Are weepy eyes contagious?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
Hi everyone, well my little Bailey with the weepy eyes is doing ok. They aren't so bad anymore, and vet says they don't need flushing. However my two outdoor rabbits both have weepy eyes now :(, BunBun has both and Lucky has her right one. Her one eye is much worse than any of the other buns eyes.

BunBun has been sneezing and is on baytril for the next couple of weeks, with a suspected upper respitory infection. However some doom and gloom friend of mine in NZ has now informed me she thinks all three have severe pasturella! Great!

Sakura is the only 100% well bunny and she lives indoors near Bailey, so I have no idea if what is going on is catchy or not.

Starting to panic! Vet is pretty much stuck on the baytril thing and not willing or able to do much more.

Help :(, I just lost a bunny on the 13th. Very worried here. Not sure what drugs are available in New Zealand at all!

Edited to add, I just went outside to see Lucky and there is a ton fo fresh rabbit poops outside and all around the hutch! Could there be a sick bunny running around somewhere I wonder? It looked and smelt very fresh, and kinda like a male rabbits poop (I think so anyway).

I can not post much have A LOT to do. Ringo has pasteruella and no one else shows ANY sign of it. All of them have been in close contact with him.

Weepy eye has many causes. Some of the pathogens that cause weepy eyeare contagious - many are not.

Pam

Back