Are these signs of bonding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shayna345

Reaction score
Well one thing Bam-Bam does when he runs around and I'm on the floor is he mostly stays near me, like if I'm sitting in the middle of the room he generally stays in that room and only kind of goes towards the door and if I'm sitting right at the door entrance and a bit in the hallway he will go out of the door and play in the hallway, but if I'm not in the room with him at all he just goes everywhere, the whole room and hallway. He also randomly comes over and scratches at my legs like digging, and will either chew or lick my clothes not sure which but since there are no holes and it looks like licking I'd say he's licking them.

I've also been sitting with Bam-Bam on my lap a lot, and if my hand is near him he picks up my hand by kind of biting and throwing it not a hurtful bite just like he's picking up my hand and kind of throwing it towards his head but I'm really not sure, and he also licks or bites? My clothes when we are sitting on the chair only more so then. Also when we are sitting on the chair sometimes I get tired and lay down and the first time I did that he ended up right next to me under the blanket and laid down with all his legs out and now every time I lay down he goes right next to me under the blanket and flops down with all his legs out, he also pees on me:grumpy: not on anything else just me, not sure if that means anything but thought I should add that.

Does all this mean the bonding process is going well? He is my first bunny and though I have been doing a lot of research and from my own instincts and how I've gotten to know him I do think he is bonding with me but I would still like some opinions from other bunny parents who know more about these signs than I do and make sure I'm doing everything right, thanks a lot!

Keep going with your instincts. You are doing well. Those are all signs that Bam Bam is getting more and more comfortable with you. Actually likes you. That's what the peeing is all about. Bunnies pee on you to "claim" you. It's a smell thing. Love my bunnies, but some of their rituals and habits, yuck. lol

This is when I started with "bunny manners". My bunnies are not allowed to chew or dig at my clothes. Or are they allow to grab with their teeth. These rules definitely help me when they hit the teenage months. It's amazing what you can teach a bunny by just being consistent with the "No". Luna like to dig at my clothes. I say "No" and gently move her aside. If she persists, I say "No", and pick her up and place her on my lap away from what she was digging at.

Wishing you continued success. Again keep going with your instinct.

K:)

ZRabbits wrote:
Keep going with your instincts. You are doing well. Those are all signs that Bam Bam is getting more and more comfortable with you. Actually likes you. That's what the peeing is all about. Bunnies pee on you to "claim" you. It's a smell thing. Love my bunnies, but some of their rituals and habits, yuck. lol

This is when I started with "bunny manners". My bunnies are not allowed to chew or dig at my clothes. Or are they allow to grab with their teeth. These rules definitely help me when they hit the teenage months. It's amazing what you can teach a bunny by just being consistent with the "No". Luna like to dig at my clothes. I say "No" and gently move her aside. If she persists, I say "No", and pick her up and place her on my lap away from what she was digging at.

Wishing you continued success. Again keep going with your instinct.

K:)
Thank you Karen! You've been very helpful with all my questions I'm sorry if I bother you with all these questions! Being a new bunny mom is just very scary because I want to do a good job so I'm just filled with questions! But thank you again I will try that "bunny manners" idea, and though the pee claiming thing may not be a very great feeling:nope: I'm just happy it means a good thing :)

Back