Are these safe to use?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnieLuva

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not these Throw Rugs are safe to use for the bottom of Posie's pen. Note: You have to scroll down slightly to see what they are made of

Also, what is the safest product to use as litter in the case she ends up being a litter eater...lol

Thank in advance for your help :)

Is this for a cage or a pen? In a pen that sits on the floor, the matting should have all sides outside the pen & preferably be something like linoleum that can't be chewed. For a cage, you can always get the rug but remove it at the first sign of chewing. But if I were you I'd look for a sisal cat-scratching mat instead.

As for litter, I think most people like the wood pellet type & say they're less likely to be chewed on. But find out what the breeder is using & at least start out with that. Try to keep the changes at a minimum & she'll be happier. I waited a week to start changing anything.

I use rugs in one buns pen, she doesn't chew them at all. The other will, so she gets a fleece blanket that I wash every couple of days.

I use wood stove chips and really like them, they don't stink at all, and are cheap, here about 4 bucks for a 40lb bag.

Latest posts

Back