are these pellets ok???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishlops

Reaction score
i feed my 2, 5month old dwarf lops, this, is it ok????? thanks
V00196_p.jpg
Send to a friend
Premium Rabbit Muesli Food 2kg & 4kg by Pets at Home Premium Rabbit Muesli Food by Pets at Home is a complementary rabbit food containing a unique blend of the finest ingredients including dried grass and whole vegetables. In a delicious mint herb flavour, this muesli mix will help to maintain your rabbit's immune and digestive system whilst promoting healthy teeth and a shiny coat.

Honestly, it's not the best. Mixes like that contain a lot of extra ingredients that a rabbit doesn't really need, and the dried vegetables and herbs in it are nowhere near as good for them as the fresh stuff.

If you look at the ingredient list, you can see there's a lot of starchy carbs and sweetening flavours added, which are not very good for the bunnies.
"Rabbit Pellets (Oatfeed, Wheatfeed, Sunflower, Grass, Molasses, Vegetable Fat), Toasted Wheat Flakes, Extruded Biscuits (Wheat, Oatfeed, Non GM Soya), Toasted Oat Flakes, Toasted Maize Flakes, Whole Maize, Whole Peas, Carrot Flakes, Toasted Bean Flakes, Soya Oil, Mint & Rosemary Flavouring, Minerals and Vitamins."

All they need per day is a small amount of plain feed pellets (about 1/4 cup each), about 1 to 1.5 cups of fresh herb/veg each and unlimited grass hay.

I've noticed that you have started a fair few threads recently to ask various questions, and without wanting to sound snarky, a lot of the questions you ask can be found answered very comprehensively in the FAQ section of the forum and also at the House Rabbit Society website, which is a great resource.

dont worry you wernt snarky. it was very nice for you to point this out, now i wont be clogging up the fourms/topics.:biggrin2:
thanks.
the website is very good, i only took a peek at it! and ill look in the libarys...
ill change the food,.... can any one, say what is a good rabbit, pellet feed? i just want to hear from people/bunnies who give/eat it. so i know its good. and does not cost over (around the price range of) 5 to 10 pounds.
the bunnies are 5months old if it helps.
ps. i have a big bag of food in the shed for when they are older. ill find the name. i think its just plain brown pellets. ill cheak soon...
thanks pumpkin head:biggrin2:

the name on the bag in the shed is adult nugguts. is that ok? does any one have experiance and/or other good pellets??
11472_p.jpg
Junior Nugget Food for Rabbits 2kg by Pets at Home Junior Nugget Food for Rabbits by Pets at Home is a complementary junior and dwarf rabbit food containing a balance of ingredients to give your rabbit the vitamins, minerals and fibre it needs in a tasty nugget form. Junior Nugget Food for Rabbits by Pets at Home also contains added Profeed® to boost your rabbit's digestion and general health. (wHAT IT SAYS ON WEBSITE.)

Being in the states I am not familiar with that brand but a good pellet will be a blend of different hays. Stay away from anything with corn kernals in it, rabbits can't digest corn. Your probably o.k. with these pellets.

The brands of pellets vary from country to country. In Australia it's very hard to even find hays classified in the same way as hay is in the states, I don't know if its even the same grass they use. So long as its a plain brown pellet, it should still be better for them than the muesli mix though, if fed with the hay and vegies as well.

Latest posts

Back