Are these ok as a papaya tablet treat?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that the papaya tablets made for rabbits are ONLY a treat despite the fact that they are advertised otherwise.
The super strength ones for humans ; I don't know...
i'll look into it and maybe somoeone else mayknow but I'd hold off for now.

Thanks angieluv, I just spent my last $40 on wire for their hutch so I won't be buying them any, I'll look into some other sort of treat for them but it's pretty limited here:(

several people responded saying they had used the human kind. One person said to try to get ones that do not have artificial additives in them . Another person said that she actually said that if she used 3-4 tablets during a stasis period that they actually helped and that she didn't use them as a treat but as a treatment.

All in all I think they are safe but I don't have scientific proof only that there arepeople who have used them without any problems resulting.
Based on whatI read i would use them occasionally on my own bunnies and not be worried about it...
no one said they were harmful

Mine get them everyday. Our vet suggested this. We use the human ones. We use the Swiss brand.

Susan
apimac_holiday_007.gif

Cool thanks, well I'll be coming into some money on tuesday (birthday money:biggrin2:) so I shall get some and give them some every now and again, I'm kinda forgetful with treat delivery:p

PepnFluff wrote:
I'll look into some other sort of treat for them but it's pretty limited here:(

Can you give them some "natural" treats? 1/2" slice of carrot, some carrot greens, a sprig of parsley, some mint, basil, thyme, or other herbs? It's near summer now in NZ, so you could even grow them a little herb garden :). Hazel loves her herb treats, especially all sorts of Basil. I bet you can also grow pineapple sage,it's very easy to grow, and has lovely sweet red flowers. It's Hazel's absolute favorite right now. Other flowers are good too, rose petals, nasturtium, edible Japanese chrysanthemum (forgot the Asian name), violets...
Or maybe a little bit of fruit as a treat? a small slice of apple or pear, kiwi, half a strawberry, a blueberry, a thin slice of banana...
There is plenty of variety, so you don't necesarily need store bought treats at all.

Yeap tis summer here, you couldn't tell... It's raining:( Yea we have some herbs parsley, mint and basil but they're way up the back of the section. So I suppose convenience hehe, can you feed fresh papaya? As were getting a few soon to have on christmas day so I can steal a bit hehe.

Hazel-Mom wrote:
PepnFluff wrote:
I'll look into some other sort of treat for them but it's pretty limited here:(

Can you give them some "natural" treats? 1/2" slice of carrot, some carrot greens, a sprig of parsley, some mint, basil, thyme, or other herbs?

Works for some animals but not all. Some of mine aren't too keen on "natural"

Latest posts

Back