Are these garden seeds SAFE for rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planetjenessa

Reaction score
I went to visit my mom today, and she gave me some garden seeds, i NEVER garden before. so this shall be fun.

I wanted to know if any of there seeds are SAFE, or not.
Have you planted any of these before?
Please let me know if its safe or not.

i have:
(BRAND, TYPE)

Burpee: Carrots "scarlet nantes" (i know carrots are safe, as treats.)

Burpee: Mesclun salad mix (not sure what a salad mix is)

Burpee: Lettuce black seeded simpson

Burpee: Lettuce gourmet blend

Burpee: Cumcumber burpless beauty

thats all. i dont know what all this means on the package, but there pretty green, i can take a picture of package if needed. planning on starting the small garden tomorrow

Sounds great! I grow the lettuce mixes, carrots, and cucumbers for my buns and they love it. I have found if I plant my carrot seeds really close together the green tops develop beautifully but I only get a thumb sized carrot- perfect for the buns!

Good luck with your garden!

Thank you, this will be my first time & im excited!
im not sure what is
lettuce (gourment blend) or lettuce (black seeded simpson)
is that a "fancy" version of lettuce? lol
does anyone know what kind of lettuce that is?
is it romaine lettuce? iceberge lettuce? ETC

planetjenessa wrote:
I went to visit my mom today, and she gave me some garden seeds, i NEVER garden before. so this shall be fun.

I wanted to know if any of there seeds are SAFE, or not.
Have you planted any of these before?
Please let me know if its safe or not.

i have:
(BRAND, TYPE)

Burpee: Carrots "scarlet nantes" (i know carrots are safe, as treats.)

Burpee: Mesclun salad mix (not sure what a salad mix is)

Burpee: Lettuce black seeded simpson

Burpee: Lettuce gourmet blend

Burpee: Cumcumber burpless beauty

thats all. i dont know what all this means on the package, but there pretty green, i can take a picture of package if needed. planning on starting the small garden tomorrow
yes the carrots are safe the "scarlet" means the either the root or flower will be bright red.

lettuce can be eaten by rabbits but omly in small amounts because it is mostly water and might give them the runs. most of your salad mix will end up being more lettuce and maybe some spinach, same rule apples with spinach but u can give them a little more.
idk about the cucumber plant. . . they can eat its fruit but the plant is spiny and iv never heard anything good or bad about it, or have i fed it to my bunnies. you can give them a wee little peace and see how it dose them, after some Googleing!

lettuce doesn't really need to be given only in small amounts - it just needs to not be iceberg ;)

mine scarf down romaine like I've been starving them to death and have had no issues with it

Latest posts

Back