Are there a lot of nuts out there or is it just me?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson_is_mine

Reaction score
Yesterday I posted a classified ad through petfinder and today I got several responses. Excited, I read through them. Serveral were saying they would pay with money order and could they send the rabbits as soon as possible because they were moving and wanted the rabbit for their kid. (Three of them actually. And all of them started with saying that they were international business man or reverend or whatever.) and then I got one that was sort of normal from a woman who is a "fellow pet lover with a thriteen year old passionate about animals". It wasn't all that odd except for all of the chat speak and she didn't mention the pet by name, she just said "I am interested in the pet in your ad." All emails ended with Best Reguards before their names.

Does this strike anyone else as creepy?

Their ads are here: http://www.petfinder.com/classifieds/searchClassified.cgi?state=PA&order=ddate+DESC&keyword=jersey+wooly&type=P

If anyone is curious.

Those kinds of responses are common scams. They send a fake MO and it's for more than you asked. They say - cash it and send me the overage.... Any way, the person receiving the fake MO, check, what ever is always overpaid and asked to return a portion of the money. Of course they get stung.

It may have been Pan Nock who had some links to sites dedicated to exposing these scams. I'll see if I can find them.

Here is some info from Craig's List that explains various scams.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Hey - I'm not sure who/what you're listing on petfinder but if you give me some info I can look through the "pets wanted" section local to you and I could give you a heads up of any possible matches.

Good luck with finding homes, i just saw your cl listing in Philly

I actually got an actual response off of the one on craigslist! A woman who has a bonded pair of does already and wanted pictures and more information! I'm excited to see if she has potential to be the girls' new slave...I mean owner.

Also it may be wise if you go and meet with the new potential family (w/out bun) to see how they live - where the new bunny would be, etc..

Also have you posted the bun on RO? Perhaps a member here might want him/her and then you could still follow their life..

Good luck!

Oh I would definitley go to see where they would be living. And try to convince her to join the site.

But I haven't posted on here, to answer your question, julie.

Thanks for all of the luck, I have a feeling that I will need it!

Anything?

I hope they find a wonderful forever home! and i hope you don't get any more scammers, it wastes your time, gets your hopes up and is just plane annoying!rant over:D..........:rant:

Nothing else. The origional responder is out of town so I can't even set anytime to meet or anything with her. This stinks. I have two weeks to find them a new home (not have them be there, but have something perminant set). I hope I can do it.

juliew19673 wrote:
Also it may be wise if you go and meet with the new potential family (w/out bun) to see how they live - where the new bunny would be, etc..

Also have you posted the bun on RO?  Perhaps a member here might want him/her and then you could still follow their life..

Good luck!

I agree with this suggestion, when my cat had kittens (a very long time ago) my dad and I went to each persons house to make sure that the cat would be properly cared for and that the owners seemed like caring people. One of the ladies we went to let us in and said "come down to the basement I want to keep the kitten there till it's settled" so we went and it was a dark dank basement really moist and very basementy not a nice furnished one and my dad flat out said no. We believe that she only wanted the cat down there to kill mice and rats. We left and never looked back. We ended up keeping the little guy.

You never know so if at all possible drop the animal off to insure it will have a loving and caring home.

try posting in the 'rescue me' section, there might be some one on here looking:cool:

Back