Are people typically scarred of the Red-eyed bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was creeped out at first, 3 of my 4 buns have black "normal" eyes and my new zealand mix has red eyes. i find actually with his red eye i can see his pupil and where hes focusing and looking, and it gives him an expression. the other rabbits because their eyes i can't tell where their looking or anything and actually that is kind of creepy :p

sometimes it seems like the rabbits are watching things walk around my house that aren't actually there.... lol

my only problem is, i had 2 buns that went through pasturella and ever since that horrible experience i check for symptoms all the time and with his red eyes its hard to tell if hes got that symptom or not, you got to look at the skin around the eye to see if thats red too..

Albino eyes never bothered me, but it bothers my dad a lot. My mom a little. I really want a himalayan or californian, they're so beautiful. I don't mind the red eyes c:

I never really was a fan of the red eyes. But i will be getting a new girlfriend for rocky. Shes a REW. I dont know how ill feel about it but im sure ill get used to it.

Does not bother me.

There is a pretty REW/Lionhead mix at the shelter who is so happy to get petted from me. I like to see her full of energy when she runs and binky in her kennel.

I was never a fan of REW animals, I wasn't scared of thought they were evil they just never did anything for me....

Until one day a little REW peruvian guinea pig named Kirby came into my life, he was the absolute sweetest animal on the face of this earth, then I got Pickles, my REW flemish giant and he is an absolute sweetie, now I am totally in love with REW animals.

You don't like red eyes ??

EHSBerryyawningb-1.jpg

How is that possible?

Hopewithanothercuteexpression-1.jpg

They match the pink of my ears so well...

EHSPollyfromCalPoly.jpg

It's true, it's hard to capture their beauty in a photograph...

Finneganhasprettyeyes.jpg

I guess if you don't like red eyes, you just haven't met the right bunny, yet...

Chill-Whatcherdoin.jpg

to be honest i hated them untill reading through this thread and is like all of a sudden my opinion changed.

i think it was the last set of photos. so cute :)

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Djakarta wrote:
EHSPollyfromCalPoly.jpg

It's true, it's hard to capture their beauty in a photograph...
Why don't you send her to me, and let me take a picture of her. :whistling

:nodBeautiful bunny! I really like REW's (I have two) I think they are beautiful :bunnyheart

People don't like REW because they are true albinos, they are like a ghost rabbit.

Personally, I like them. They are beautiful rabbits.

I used to think that REW were rather undesirable until i got my lionlop Lint. I wouldn't even consider her eyes red as they seem rather light purple. I have another REW in my ND breeding program. I think of her as a very attractive doe but I realize they are not commercially sellable. So I admit I would consider how many REW I'd produce if I I pair my rabbits up for breeding. I would avoid breeding more than I want to keep myself.

Latest posts

Back