Are Orange tree branches safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimsamsmom

Reaction score
My mother has a orange tree that has dried out, I cut off some branches and wanted to see if If orange branches are safe like apple before we offered it to Rollo.

I think they're safe. But I would want to double check with a few more people first :p

I haven't ever seen orange wood on any of the rabbit safe wood lists. Best to be safe and not give it.

You want to avoid stone fruit trees and trees with phenols. As fat as i know orange trees dont have leaves year round and oranges dont have pits....

But what concerns me here is how is the wood all ready dried? Did she prune branches and dry them for you or is the tree dead?usually fruit trees have been sprayed by some type of pesticides as well. Did this happen?

There hasnt been a whole lot of research done on every tree out there so people tend to lean to what they know and shun the rest. Check out toxic lists if in doubt ... Its hard to make complete safe lists but those toxic ones cover it really well and if its not on there youre good to go... GIven the aboove queations ofcoarse

Thanks for the input everyone. Rather be safe than sorry so I am not going to give it to him. Going to find some willow or apple. Where is the best place to get those?

Latest posts

Back