Are my bunnies skinny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12354somebunny

Reaction score
I can feel the two bumps of bone on the left and right side of my bunnies' bums.. but when I run my hand over their backs, I don't feel much of their spine. Do the 'bum-bones' indicate that they are skinny or is it normal for those bones to be a little more prominent?

they are each about to be 1 year old, and each currently get about 1/4 to 1/2 cup pellets daily, unlimited timothy hay and about 3 or 4 varieties of vege for dinner. should i increase their pellets ration?

It seems to me like your rabbits have a good diet. I would not increase the pellets. I too can feel the bone by the butt on my buns.

Are you talking about the "hip points"? Atleast that is what I think they are called.

I can feel Morgan's and the vet said it's normal and he is in great shape :p.

undergunfire wrote:
Are you talking about the "hip points"? Atleast that is what I think they are called.

I can feel Morgan's and the vet said it's normal and he is in great shape :p.

oh, so that's what its called? lol.. i didn't know..

yea i think that's what it is...those bones on each side of the bunny's body, somewhere past the hip but before the bum

thanks monklover and undergunfire! i won't worry so much about those 'hip points' then :D

Latest posts

Back