Are my bunnies bored?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pani

Bunny servant Lotte
Reaction score
Felix and Clementine used to play a lot, run around binkying and flopping all over the place, but recently they stay cooped up in their hutch a lot, even when all the doors are open and I'm encouraging them to come out and play. I'm worried that something's happened, or they're too bored, or something. I've started picking them up a lot recently (trying to train them to do it without scratching me - ouch!) so I'm concerned that may have something to do with it.

They just... don't do as much! :( Most of the time they're either eating, grooming themselves, grooming each other, or bun loafing either in their hutch or in a secluded corner of their area. They don't run up and ask for pets as often, they don't play as often, and I'm just worried. :( They have a few different toys to play with and I'm ordering more and waiting for them to arrive.

They could be avoiding being out in the open where you can easily pick them up, since you suddenly started doing it lots, and I'm sure it's not much fun for them. Can't really blame em! Ease up on it for a few days, let them start feeling confident that they can walk around undisturbed again. Then slowly get back into the habit of picking them up a couple times a day, but this time associate it with a treat. Pick them up, put them on the table where they get a piece of fruit. Teach them that picking up = nommynomnoms :)

Latest posts

Back