Apple Cider Vinegar?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
Right here..."pointing finger to pa, Minnesota, US
On the dog forum that I frequent someone posted a link for me and it said that ACV is helpful as an additive to water because it contains trace minerals and nutrients. It can also be used topically forthings such as ear cleaning.

Wondering if any bunny guru here has ever heard of ACV being used for rabbits for either of these purposes.

Fergi's mom

i havent heard orread much on vinegar asa treatment forrabbits but i guessit might not hurt ?

Being of the light skin (pasty pale ) varietyof human ( Irish )i sometimes use it as a topicalfor sunburnit cools the skin andfeels good but ya runaround smelly for a little bit

have to wonderas they say ACV andhoney for weight loss and otherminor stuff . butto use on a rabbit i think iwill hold off till ihear from Pam

I have also heard that it helps fertility, but Iknow of several people who use it in all the rabbits waters.. it'ssupposed to help their immune systems if they eat moldy hay.

~Nichole

When my bun Muggs had bladder sludge, the vetadvised me to add ACV to her drinking water. I think it was one ounceto a quart. It helps break down impurities in the water like lime andstuff. He said it would also make her fur more shiny. Well, my Muggswas beautiful to begin with - but I did add it to help prevent sludge.She didn't mind it, and seemed to drink more.
Now I give the bun bottled spring water... No, I don't spoil my bun :p

Before I even knew there was such a thing asbladder sludge, Muggs developed a bladder stone (which sometimes formswhen they have sludge) which lodged in one of her urethras. She neededsurgery to remove it, and the vet flushed out her bladder to remove anymore gunk that was in there. His recommending the ACV was apreventative measure after the fact. I don't think it will 'get rid' ofsludge - though it might help to break it down more to help it to'flush out' naturally... not sure of that, but I will try to find out.By giving them only spring water, I feel better that the water is freeof impurities. Though - ACV is much cheaper!!
Like I said, her fur was beautiful anyway! I couldn't see how anythingcould improve it! As you can see from the BEAUTIFUL portrait Sand_Hillsdid of her!

True...She is a beauty! LOL I have beenthinking of giving my bun filtered water as well. I mean, ifI don't drink out of the tap, then why should he? I am goingto start weaning him off the tap water tonight.

I have a problem here with the tap water. We havea well, and even with the water softener, you can see lime deposits onthe faucets. My buns really didn't drink alot of water, but when Iswitched to spring bottled, their water intake increased by like 80%.That is a good thing - but keeps me running to the store to buy thatwater! (but hey - they are worth it!) I don't get the famous brandnames, though. Most supermarkets have their own brand. Walmart is byfar the cheapest I've seen, at about 59 cents a gallon.

Latest posts

Back