Anyone want to play name the bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sayuri

Reaction score
This will hopefully be our new beautiful girl

mistletoe1.jpg

She is a defenate change from our lop and and half lop fuzz buckets but my other half really wanted to give a home to a needy dutch so here she is. She is a special needs rabbit due to her teeth problems.

She was rescued, with other bunnies and pigs, from being thrown to greyhounds just before christmas. The rescue she is with have said that we can have her and we are just waiting for her to get her second vaccination and a dental check in 4 days time and then we can get the adoption process moving. :D

In the mean time she needs a name! - she has been given a name by the rescue but it is very seasonal and so my other half would like to give her a new one - she is going to be his bunny so he is going to have final say on the choice that we make.

So time to stop reading and post all your suggestions for our new girl.

Congrats on your new girl, she's lovely! And thanks for saving a bunny :) I'm in the same situation as you, trying to think of the perfect first name for my new dutch bunny! What kind of names do you and your boyfriend like? I like nature names for bunnies. Here are some ideas:

Meadow
Larken (I have this chosen for my next girl bunny)
Willow
Strawberry
Thistle
Clover
Honey
Rose
Tulip
Lily
Zinnia
Emerald
Chrysanthemum
Azalea
Cassia
Skylar
Rain
Ocean
River
Lotus
Marigold
Pumpkin

Good luck!

I think Larken is a great name for your new bun, its really sweet and unusual.

I like Willow - I nearly named my cat that - dont know what the other half would think of it though, but I think she does look a bit like a Willow

Do not ask me why but she immediately made me think of Barbara Streisand. So here are some of Barbara's characters' names - btw - Barbara Streisand is very pretty!

barbara_streisandNTQ=.jpg

Yentl

Fanny

Rozalin

I do love her! she's so cute!

Im just going to see if by posting everyone elses posts come up above mine

EDIT: YAY it worked!!!

I like Ana but we couldnt use it as my friends daughter is called Anya.

Barbra Streisand eh....hmmm....maybe not as she is apparently very sweet and I dont want her turning into a diva demanding all her veggies are chopped into 2 cm square cubes and her water comes out of a volcanic spring

When I first looked at the picture, I immediately thought "Clara." I really think that name suits her - I don't know why, I just do.

In any case, she's certainly a pretty girl. I can't wait to hear more about her (and see more of her)!

- Alexah

Sayuri wrote:
Barbra Streisand eh....hmmm....maybe not as she is apparently very sweet and I dont want her turning into a diva demanding all her veggies are chopped into 2 cm square cubes and her water comes out of a volcanic spring
I don't blame you. I have never once thought of her for an animal (not a huge fan) but for some reason....... :shrug:

As I was looking at posts, I was singing to myself a wonderful Irish ditty by Silly Wizard.

"From Bantry Bay up to Derry Kay

And from Galway to Dublin town

No maid I've seen like my sweet Colleen,

She's the star of the county Down"

In an earlier verse they call her the "maid with the nut brown hair". I saw that picture of your new girl and immediately thought "Colleen".

Just my two cents... or pence....

Heya

What a gorgeous bun

I love the name Holly for a lil girl bun. I also like:

Gemma
Pecan
Josie
Lily (my kitty's name :D)
Rosie
Pippa (my new pup's name :D:D)

So my favvy names are Holly, Rosie and Pippa i reckon for this bun.

Happy choosing!!!

Maybe since your boyfriend is naming her, we should suggest man-friendly names!

Ideas:

Bernadette
Thora
Larndo Destroyer of Worlds
Leia
Lara
Harper
Beer
Pretzel
Pamela
Toilet Paper

Okay, that's all I've got :biggrin2:

Meringue

Daisy

Spring

Spice

Belle (French for beautiful :D)

I didn't have that many name ideas, but I have to say, she is a beautiful bun! I'm glad you're able to save a rabbit, there are just so many unwanted babies.

Latest posts

Back