Anyone shop at Safeway? Stop now, if so...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between the risk of E. Coli, Mad Cow disease, and Salmonella, and the artery-clogging saturated fat and cholesterols found in meat, dairy, and egg products it's no wonder a growing number of doctors are prescribing a vegan diet.
And while the typical vegan diet is much healthier than a typical meat-based diet, most vegetarians and vegans could improve their health even more by following a few simple tips.
ChooseVeg.com has just released a list of the "Top 10 Vegan Health Tips." The helpful list includes easy to digest suggestions and resources.
Topping the list at #1 is Include a source of B12 in your diet, #2 Consume More Omega 3's, Less Omega 6's, and #3 Eat your greens!
Click here for the full list.

Cynnba01995 wrote:
Between the risk of E. Coli, Mad Cow disease, and Salmonella, and the artery-clogging saturated fat and cholesterols found in meat, dairy, and egg products it's no wonder a growing number of doctors are prescribing a vegan diet.
And while the typical vegan diet is much healthier than a typical meat-based diet, most vegetarians and vegans could improve their health even more by following a few simple tips.
ChooseVeg.com has just released a list of the "Top 10 Vegan Health Tips." The helpful list includes easy to digest suggestions and resources.
Topping the list at #1 is Include a source of B12 in your diet, #2 Consume More Omega 3's, Less Omega 6's, and #3 Eat your greens!
Click here for the full list.
Thanks! I am going to check that out! Are you a vegan Cynnba01995?

[Sadly most people do not recognize the far reaching consequences oftheir food choices...:shock:]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find some of these comments on here very deplorable. Especially on a forum for rabbit lovers.

You shall not eat the ones you love. Animals are not meant to be eaten. The garden of eden was vegetarian. Jesus Christ was vegetarian.God gavemankind free will. But only mankind is misusing this free will. Its rather heartbreaking to say that animals are meant to be eaten. Why would anyone consider this to be funny? If meat is meat why do we not eat other humans? Meat is meat, right? Why do we not eat dogs and cats? Why do we keep rabbits as pets when they are meant to be eaten and most people consider them livestock?That makes them different from cows, pigs or chicken. Rabbits are not farm animals or livestock. If they were we would not keep rabbits as pets. If we continue to eat rabbits we should not keep rabbits as pets. Why do so many people see animals as a lesser being?

Farm animals are deprived of a happy life only to end up on someones dinnerplate. Would you want this to happen to yourself?Would you be happy with an existence like that? There is so much we can do for animals if only we would care...It is very sad what this earth has come to in general. One thing we all have in common though we all die one day. Then we all will have to answer to our maker.

I do share my thoughts with BethM.

Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight. ~ Albert Schweitzer

[align=left]Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~ Sri Aurobindo[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions. ~ Mark Twain[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored. ~ Alice Walker[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Because the heart beats under a covering of hair, of fur, feathers, or wings, it is, for that reason, to be of no account? ~ Jean Paul Richter[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Please get informed.[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]http://www.rabbitproduction.com/[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Do you want animals to suffer like this? Deprived of food and water? Some simply starve to death. But no one cares. they end up in the slaughterhouse anyway...right?[/align]
[align=left]http://www.hfa.org/about/rabbits.pdf[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left][/align]

Wow, Amy--this is shocking to me! I think it's because we're not used to seeing animals like that being sold for consumption. I would be equally freaked out seeing horse meat for sale! Thanks for posting this :)

p.s. I've been a vegetarian for 9 years!

-Kathy

Latest posts

Back