Anyone see this before? Odd combo of symptoms

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
Something kind of weird is going on with Rory. Background: Rory is a neutered 5 year old Mini Lop. He lives inside and his diet is composed of timothy pellets, hay (oat, orchard grass, timothy), and assorted greens and veggies. Same thing he's been getting for years with no problems. No change in eating or drinking.

Okay. On Friday I noticed Rory was hanging out in the bottom of his cage more than usual, but I let him out to play and he's been acting normally when out. On Friday he also had a little bit of dampness under one nostril but it's gone now (he does this occasionally when the temperature changes). He was downstairs in his cage a bit more than usual yesterday too but also upstairs. We were out and about all morning (getting my garden set up). When we got home, I noticed there are some little tufts of fur in his litter box. There were about 8 little tufts, pulled out by the roots. He's not shedding. I cleaned his litter box and there was nothing out of the ordinary other than the tiny fur tufts. I picked him up to look him over and there are no apparent bald spots on him or anything. When I flipped him on his back, there was a little white dot (like a tiny droplet) on the penis area of his man parts. My first bunny once had a pimple on his butt and I thought that's maybe what it was, but it wiped off with a Q tip. Then I also noticed that there was a little liquid in his anus and wiped that with the Q tip too, and the Q tip got some brown watery stuff on it. Not much, about a droplet's worth in all, but it had a fecal smell (though not punch you in the face strong or anything). His genital area looks healthy, it's just the tiny amount of mystery fluid from both orifices that's weird! And like I said, the contents of his litter box was completely normal. He has a Tidy Cats Breeze litter box (this http://www.amazon.com/Tidy-Breeze-Litter-3-5-Pound-Packages/dp/B001E530FW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338765335&sr=8-1) that I use without the litter, so the pee all goes down onto the pad and the doots are in the box. This makes it very easy to check his "output" and everything looked normal.

So, quick rundown:

-had a tiny bit of a runny nose on Friday
-slightly less active than usual when in cage but normal when out
-tiny fur tufts in litter box
-tiny amount of white liquid on penis and brown on anus

And that's it. How strange. Any ideas?? I am of course worried but also confused! I'll keep a super close eye on him and his litter box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Idk about there, but here the weather is very crazy. 100 one day 57 the next and my animals have been being weird. Maybe hes overly hot so pulling fur? Boredom?

Latest posts

Back