Anyone Rabbit Hop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyScraper

Reaction score
Does anyone rabbit Hop, or do rabbit agility. I want to get into it, or at least try it, but I had a few qeustions about it. Which gender is better, Male or Female? What breed is best between a Californain, Mini Lop, Mini Rex? I want to know that for sure.

There has recently been a forum made that is all about rabbit hopping by one of our members, Mikoli.

Keep Hopping

I suggest checking out this forum. It has some good information about the sport of rabbit hopping that will help you a lot.

Megan:biggrin2:

My local 4h club is starting it on our state....Corky's revved up and ready to go w/ his new digs....

willhop.jpg

We are just waiting for the weather to cooperate so we can really get going again! :time:

SkyScraper Hi! My buck magic is going strong in rabbit hopping. As far as your questions go. Either a male or female is fine. Gender doesn't really matter, as long as they don't breed, etc. you may want to spay/neuter them, if not already.

As far as breed-wise, out of the three breeds you have I'd say that a Mini Lop is the best bet. Californians may be too heavy to jump the tall jumps and Mini Rex are often shy and stubborn and they aren't very easy to train. Mini Lops have been proven to excel quite well in rabbit hopping. Most rabbt jumpers are Dutch, dutch-mixes, Mini/Holland Lops, and other mix-bred rabbits.

Emily

I was looking forward to starting this as well. I've read a couple of things from various websites...

I read somewhere that between about 3-7 lbs is the ideal weight for rabbits in those kind of sports. Also, longhaired rabbits and long eared bunnies arenot so good. They could trip if the ears are too long. As far as male or female, I have no idea.

SkyScraper wrote:
Does anyone rabbit Hop, or do rabbit agility. I want to get into it, or at least try it, but I had a few qeustions about it. Which gender is better, Male or Female? What breed is best between a Californain, Mini Lop, Mini Rex? I want to know that for sure.
As for gender, both, I believe, are able to hop equally. This is one sport where there isn't a gender preference. And between those breeds, Mini Lop would hop the best, I believe, then Mini Rex, then Californain.

Rachel.

This is a really great topic - but I'm going to move it out from the rabbitry and into the main forum. I hope y'all don't mind.

The rabbitry is more about breeding and how to breed and what breed is my bunny....and if I move this out to the main forum - more folks will see it and you'll get more responses. I hope you don't mind!

Peg

I've tried it a few times:D
Sasuke used to be quite good at it before he got sore paws...now he's the laziest rabbit ever (BUT I saw him binky in his run yesterday, so there's still hope)
Zakura keeps tearing down the lowest stick and crawl underneath it... tearing down the rest of the obstacle as she goes:shock:
Aroma has never competed, but that girl sure has bounce in her:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back