Anyone know what this is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annabelle00

Reaction score
Its on his left sac. One of his sacs is big and one is not there?

He had both before and after a case of flystrike which was treated but left some bruising which went unnoticed for some time and some urine scald which was treated.

It still remained one big one small back in may/june now its one big one not there? and some extra growth

He has left leg muscle atrophy too.

IMG_0560.jpg

Last edited:
sorry, can't help you on that. perhaps a visit to the vet is in order, particularly since he has some left leg muscle atrophy too

Its on his left sac. One of his sacs is big and one is not there?

He had both before and after a case of flystrike which was treated but left some bruising which went unnoticed for some time and some urine scald which was treated.

It still remained one big one small back in may/june now its one big one not there? and some extra growth

He has left leg muscle atrophy too.

sorry, can't help you on that. perhaps a visit to the vet is in order, particularly since he has some left leg muscle atrophy too

It was an exotic vet that diagnosed his atrophy and I was given instructions for that back in May...and his other issues were somethings that popped up after his hip fracture which he was treated for and healed between Feb and April.

But this I noticed over time and now its completely uneven with some extra growth.
Would like to know if anyone has seen/experienced this, will definitely get it checked out though.

Rabbits actually have an incomplete closure of their inguinal ring which means they can pull the testes up into the abdomen which could be where one of them went, but if one is significantly larger I'd think possibly a hernia into the scrotum or a tumor, definitely something to have checked out by the vet.

Rabbits actually have an incomplete closure of their inguinal ring which means they can pull the testes up into the abdomen which could be where one of them went, but if one is significantly larger I'd think possibly a hernia into the scrotum or a tumor, definitely something to have checked out by the vet.

I really do hope its something normal. I was putting off his neuter till he was back to hoping or put on his weight. He's a little mini cashie lop <3

I had this happen to multiple bucks, and because I am a breeder all I did was breed my rabbits and the testes 'dropped' again. If you feel comfortable you can push around where the second one should be and you should be able to help make it come down. I've also done that and they been fine too. When this has happened all my rabbit where completely healthy and it wasn't any thing like a hernia or tumor.

Latest posts

Back