anyone know about holland lops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magic_girl

Reaction score
hi i might be buying a pair of holland lops i don't know since no one around were i live have and rabbits do anyone know anything about them there temperment .

thinks for reading this:)

They're usually sweet. I babysat one for someone one time for about 10 days and he was really sweet.

I had heard they are supposed to be one of the sweeter tempered buns...but I don't know much about them. I think buns in general are just like people...just because they might be known to be sweet doesn't mean they will be and vise versa. They have their own attitudes just like us slaves..lol

Good luck with your possible new additions!

I have several Lops. Most of them are sweet as pie & a lot of fun. I have a few that are no aggressive but do not like to be held or touched - but they all came from abusive situations and were rarely handled. In general I find they are very curious, active, and fun little bunnies with great personalities. One of my girls, Peanut, litter trained herself and brings me her food dish everymorning :)They are very smart too. I have a giant who is about twice as big as he should be (according to breed) and he is bonded to another boy and they are both the best of friends and such sweethearts.

I breed Holland Lops. They are very personable and real sweaties(generally). They are the smallest of the lop eared breeds ,weighing between 2-4#s and come in amultitude of colors.

They are real sweeties - some are affectionate - some aren't. I think they've got extra batteries or something though 'cause it seems like they can keep going....and going....and going....

Peg

I'm no expert on Holland Lops, and only have experience with my own, Tallulah. She is very sweet and cuddly and adorable. I think they generally have good health, but my girl has had several weird health issues and she's not even 5 months old yet.

my Muffin is at least part Holland, and I can say that handling makes a huge difference in temperament, probably more than breed. she was kept in a garage and didn't have much human interaction, so she didn't really like people. she's warming up to us though. she's a lot more skittish than my dutch Tony was when I first got him from the shelter, but again I think that's due to handling.

some things that you will want to look for in hollands are tooth problems (because of the flatter face, their teeth can get misaligned, aka malloclusion) and ear problems (because they're lops, sometimes it's harder to clean in there or easier for infections/bugs to grow).

holland lops are great rabbits.

during my years of breeding, they were my focus.

they tend to have a very sweet personality, like other lops, but i think they are a more active bunny.

i would suggest finding a good breeder. you want to make sure you check their teeth as that round head can cause some dental issues

i love hollands. like i said, i own holland lops and mini lops, i would say that the hollands are far more active then the mini lops (the mini lops just kinda hang out saying "maybe i will just mentally binki, that way i don't have to get up", while the holland lops are like "binki? sure! " *binki*binki*binki* "how bout some more?" *binki*binki*binki*)

katie

Nemo is a purebred Holland Lop. HL's are definitely my heart breed. He is such a great, easy pet to take care of, and he is very loving, gives lots of kisses, and is very active. I like how his ears hang down, and sometimes, if he's particularly happy, mad, excited, etc., he will swing them around!

The only thing I wish about his ears is that he could be more expressive with them. Bunnies with ears that stand up communicate more easily to their human, and I wish I could understand Nemo as easily as anyone with a mini rex or a flemmy or something of that nature.

Hope this helps! If you have any specific questions about HL's, I'd love to answer them!!!

Tracy

$25.00 is cheap if they are papered and of show quality :shock:. For some reason, that low price suggests that they are not of show quality.

We got Brody (our tort Holland in my avatar) for $40 with papers, not show quality.

I would think the price would be some where around $60+ EACH for show quality Hollands.

Yeah, I'd question the quality of the holland lopstooif they are both being sold for $25. Are they from a reputable breeder who shows frequently? If you are looking to start with a breeding pair or trio of holland lops to better the breed and to show, would be better for you to spend the money and go to a reputable breeder to start off with.

If you are just going to have them as pets anddon't plan onbreeding them or showing them, I wouldn't worry :D. If you are wanting to breed them and improve the holland lop breed, with a price that low I would be a bit iffy about their quality.

Holland Lops are some of the most affectionate, well mannered, and well behaved rabbits. In my years at the shelter, I've only ever met one Holland Lop who was an attacker, and that was because he was fighting off a predator before someone came in, grabbed him, and took him to the shelter.

My two girls are very sweet, but just like any other rabbits, they have their moments. My girl, Tamme, was $35, no papers, not show:brownbunny

Jamie is my first rabbit and he's been super. they're bigenough that you can get a hold of them but small enough that caging and traveling(Jamie went with us to spend Easter at Grandma's; 40 minute car trip and he was perfect the whole time!didn't freak out about the new house or anything, and his cage is small enough(or our vans big enough.............:p)that we were able to take it with us.). he's an angel and surprisingly doesn't mind kids ether(4+ is what he's been around so far.), i don't know if that's a factor for you or not. Jamie was $30, no papers, ect. but he's a wonderful pet, the most lovey little thing you could ask for! i wouldn't trade him for anything, we really lucked out on finding a good place to get him from! good luck with any new babies you get!

Anna

the person that has them shows them they got some doe's that's gonna be haveing some babies soon the person said to me that i should't buy a holland lop at a pet shop becouse you don't know what your getting.can't a rabbit that is non show quality can the doe give birth to bunnies that can be showed?
and thinks for helping me:)

Jamie came from a pet shop. although the pet shop owners are also our neighbors, we've known them forever and they get the babies from a breeder, so it's sortaa special circumstance. but i'm just saying, don't write off all pet shops, because there are a few that are super good and just might have your dream bun. although they are few and far between i think:p! just had to add that!:D

Anna

I got my Holland lop from a pet store that gets their bunnies from one breeder (she came with papers and a birth certificate), she's amazingly sweet and so smart. Only my first bunny Nancy (a jersey wooly) was as friendly as Charlie (my lop). She was 50 dollars.

Latest posts

Back