anyone have pics to share of a rabbit run?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef

Reaction score
Weneed to build something this week,my bunnies keep hopping out of the one that I have now. It's justchicken wire wrapped around some wooden stakes that are stuck in theground. It's not very high, so they can hop out, plus the wire issagging at the top. Did I mention that I am Terrible at building stuff?:disgust:Gonna have hubby build the next one but have no ideahow we should do it. Anyone who can share pics and/or instructionswould be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Stef

Hey Stef! Do you know what Cavy Cages are? Ihave made a run out of those, it is 2 grids high and it has a roof madeout of grids, and it folds up nicely when I want to put it away :D

If you dont know what cavy cages are you can go to Cavycages.com and they have lots of pictures there :D

~Amy

rabbitrun%20018.jpg

rabbitrun%20025.jpg

It only took me a couple of hours to make this. It's about 10 feet longand 27 inches wide. Wasn't expensive, held together with plastic ties.It took a 25 foot roll of chicken wire. It is very lightweight...therefore you can pick it up to mow. I can get measurements ifyou would like. PVC & couplings are sold at Home Depot, Lowes, etc..

wOW, that looks great!It looks easyenough for even ME to make. hehe. My Bugsy would be able tojump out of it tho. I could do chicken wire on the top too, but anysuggestions on how I could make some kind of a door to get them in andout? Thanks so much for the ideas!

Stef

Stef, This one is 22 inches high. The additional2 inches is on the bottom so they don't dig out. You can do it with 3foot chicken wire, for height. You would just have to add anothermiddle section, for strength. A door shouldn't be a problem. Make arectangle with the PVC and attach the "door" to the side post with theplastic ties on the one side, so that it swings open & closed. Acouple of clips should secure the "door" closed. The bottom bar doeshave to be added to the door side, for stability.

Charlotte

Here is a picture of the outdoor hutch that myhusband made for Miffy. It is totally covered, groundincluded with chicken wire so she cannot dig out. And she isable to hide in the hutch if she gets a little scared. Thebig problem with this is the size, I am not able to move it bymyself. I have lawn mower wheels but I need to find a strongenough metal rod to put them on so then I can move it. I ampretty sure she is happy it as I have seen her do mini binkies in thereon occasion!:bunnydance::jumpforjoy:

hummer,

I noticed you have an umbrella over your run. I do the samething for shade over my bunnies playpen which they reallyenjoy. I like the enclosed area you have.

dootsmom,

I really like the run you made.I may do something similar in the future.

Charlie

Thanks,I use it when she is not underone of the big ash trees for her shade. I just moved to atree and Ihoping that it will be sunny enough for her to goout tomorrow.

stef wrote:
wOW,that looks great!It looks easy enough for even ME to make.hehe. My Bugsy would be able to jump out of it tho. I coulddo chicken wire on the top too, but any suggestions on how I could makesome kind of a door to get them in and out? Thanks so much for theideas!

Stef

Hey Stef, I use hog wire (just like the chain-link) and I bought a HUGEscreen at Home Depot. Just simple screen you use for a screendoor and I use clothes pins to clip the screen to the hogwire. I un-clip the clothes pins to take the buns in andout. Works well, and it makes it shady inside too :p

Thanks so much for all the suggestions everyone.We are going to Lowes to get the stuff tonight. I'm so relieved tofinally figure this out. My bunnies haven't been getting a whole lot ofplay time outside, only 10 or 15 minutes a day, because since they hopout I have to be right there watching over them and can only have 1 outat a time. They will be so happy!

Latest posts

Back