Anyone have a FLIP video camera? (Preferably High Definition)? LIke it? Hate it?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Avon is going to have a Flip camera in their next catalog - high definition - for $139. It was $149 with a $20 purchase but they just announced they're dropping the price and no longer requiring a co-purchase.

The thing is - I know very little about the Flip although I have handled one. It looks easy to use....but I'd like to be prepared for questions.

So if you have one - preferably a high definition one - can you share about it here?

Thanksj!

I don't have a Flip, but I have a Kodak Zi8 which is similar. It cost $179 when I bought it and has HD up to 1080p. The things I don't like about it (which you may want to research about your Flip) are:

• There is no manual white balance, and the automatic white balance cannot handle our indoor lighting. I am therefore limited to recording outside or during the day with window light if I want the colors right.
  • There are only two focus modes, far away and very very close. Bunny range falls in between, so if I want to record the bunnies they are often out of focus.
  • If lighting is poor, the camera does NOT record in HD. This is another restriction of filming anytime after 4 pm, indoors especially. Although if you have good lighting in your house it will work.
  • This one is my problem: my computer is outdated and will not play HD video
Overall it is a good compact camera and takes nice video outside during the day. For the price, the small video recorders are a good deal. If you're not picky about little things, then the camera works fine. However, if you are looking for something with a lot more capability and versatility, you might be disappointed.

My family has one that we received as a gift. It's great for filming things in good light and close up, great for capturing family moments like opening christmas gifts, birthdays, etc, but wouldn't be good for things like school plays or recitals, imo.

Hi Peg,

I have a FLIP HD camera. I really like it but I do find if you don't have great lighting it comes out really dark.

I will try to post a video on here tonight or tomorrow that i took with it.

Susan:)

PS

Congrats on being an Avon Lady, that's what we use to call them years ago. I love their products. I use the thing that looks like mascara to cover up my gray hair, it works really well. I can usually put off getting my roots dyed for at least an additional 2 weeks.:biggrin:

Back