Anyone going to the rabbit auction in IL?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twigness

Reaction score
Well as some of you know I have decided on a rabbit breed to start my journey. A polish! Well as I was looking for just the right rabbit I heard of a pedagreed rabbit auction in IL. You can consign or buy. Its on the 19th of this month. I called and they said they have many show quality polish up for auction. I live in Nashville so its a bit of a drive. But I am very eciyed to go bright and early.Has anyone else heard of this event and or going to it?It will be my first auction and I'm already a ball of nerves

I haven't been to this particular auction before, but auctions are generally not good places to purchase show rabbits. Auctions usually attract people who want to get rid of rabbits quickly. They may have been shown before, and may even be pedigreed. But a pedigree doesn't guarantee quality. If they were worth raising as show rabbits, they wouldn't be at auction. Price tags are much higher at shows where the value of the rabbits are more recognized.

If you're wanting to show, I encourage you to connect with a reputable breeder in your area. They will have a more in-depth knowledge of their line, how it develops, and be able to offer you a rabbit that (to the best of their knowledge) will compete well against others in your district.

I second what Julie said. Polish are a hard breed to perfect and long shoulders are a very common problem. I HIGHLY recommend finding a breeder and getting one that way or bringing someone who actually knows what to look for. Just because the rabbits are pedigreed does not mean they are nice quality.

Here is the national polish clubs website
http://www.americanpolishrabbitclub.com/members.htm

ALSO polish nationals are going to be in Kentucky in April and that would be a GREAT place to find polish. It is called the Kentucky Cup
4/13/2013KENTUCKY STATE RBA INC
(OPEN) (*National Breed Specialty Show*)
(Polish only)
(LOUISVILLE)MARGE DRAKE
494 SHAFFIE LN
MC MINNVILLE, TN 371106313931-668-9334
[email protected]
4/13/2013KENTUCKY STATE RBA INC
(YOUTH) (*National Breed Specialty Show*)
(Polish only)
(LOUISVILLE)MARGE DRAKE
494 SHAFFIE LN
MC MINNVILLE, TN 371106313931-668-9334
[email protected]

https://www.arba.net/showsSearch.php#showsearch

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back