anyone else's rabbit sound like a duck?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvmybuns

Reaction score
Peteyquacks. Like a duck. All the time, very quietly. Then sometimes a little louder. Do all rabbits do that? She's the only one I've ever had!

Is petey fixed? Charlie grunts at me when he is doing his 'love dance' around me. :)

Madilyn used to grunt at me before she got spayed. Now she only does it when I am cleaning her cage :tongutwo:.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Those are grunts. Rabbits make them when circling around some thing it plans to "dominate." Bun-Bun does this whith stuffed animals and poor Cocoa. They normally sound like that of a deer grunt. Maby his mouth was open when he did a grunt.
What breed of rabbit is he? The bigger the rabbit - the deeper the tone is.

My bunny does it too, it is a love song. MyTinkleBunny usually adds the skunky smell of her "perfume" :thud:So ifyou don't have a stink cloud around you, you are lucky.

~Star~

Lots of bunnies are vocal, even after spay/neuter. Nibbles (spayed almost a year ago) squawks lke a chicken sometimes when she's annoyed, also grr-honks, oinks, makes "uh uh"noises deep in her chest, and occasionally makes squeaky or chirping sounds.

There are other people here whose buns "talk" quite a bit.

Our male did that too...but we described it as oinking!! :DIt stopped when we gothimneutered and I'll tell you I really do miss his love songs! Def don't miss thelove nipps and spraying in my hair!!! Eeww!:?

Runestonez wrote:
Def don't miss thelove nipps and spraying in my hair!!! Eeww!:?
gross lol. my rusty never did that before i got him neutered. but he definitely still nips and pulls my pants and pushes me with his front paws and digs at my socks.lol. i dont think ive ever heard him make any noises though. i wish rusty clucked like a chicken so i could say he gives me cadbury cream eggs every easter as a token of love. :bouquet:

Wildfire will make a wide array of noises, from gentle clucking, forceful grunts, and a lovely chicken impersonation.

Baxter is noisy more than he is quite. He snores when he sleeps and makes snoring noises when he's happy or relaxed.He also has his grooming noises. I can tell what he's doing just by the noises he makes most times without looking at him.

Zeke is the strong silent type...

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back