Anyone else's rabbit not drink much water?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I were a rabbit, a water bottle would probably be so frustrating! I would give Pebbles a bowl, but she prances around her cage like a deer, she would step in it garuntee. She rarely goes a day without her pellet bowl standing like it should be. I could only imagine what she's thinking when she drinks out of the water bottle!

Gretchen lays in her bowl. I think she would love a swimming pool!

I had to get her a bottle. Sometimes she drinks A LOT and sometimes she barely dirnks anything. She always pees just fine.

I think they can get a lot of their water from the veggies they eat. Gretchen eats a lot of water-rich veggies and only a small amount of pellets.

Pipp doesn't drink at all. Even before I started cutting down on her pellets and increasing her veggies. I think I can count on one hand the number of times in the last year and a half that I've seen her drink. :ponder:

She was having urinary tract issues not long ago (like I wonder why, the silly bun!), so I've started spiking her water with carrot juice and giving it to her with a syringe. She certainly loves that!:)

But just what I need, spending another 10 minutes a day watering my bunny. :grumpy

Since the near all-veggie diet, she's sure been peeing a lot, too! If I wasn't such a loving, caring and attentive bunny slave, I'd put her back on pellets. :disgust:

sas :?et al :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

When Cooter was outside he would drink up to3 32oz bottles in 1 day. Sometimes less if it wasn't hot outside. Since i moved him inside he drinks 1 32oz bottle in 2days.

Back