anyone else in texas preparing for hurricane?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bat42072

Reaction score
I know it is still days away and the chances we grt hit from dean is small I need to think about my bunnies.... especially Foster and her babies.... I am scared that if we have to evacuate that it will upset her and she won't take care of them.... any Ideas to help keep her calm??? I really don't know how any of them would handle it... its making me nervous....

Hmm I am working on stuff like that right now for a thread. I will have to rush it so I can put it out there.

They should be fine but to make you feel better, start loading them into carriers now and take them for small car rides everyday. This way, when you do need to leave, they will be used to the carriers and the ride in the car. With the babies, don't keep Foster with them while they are in the car. How old are they anyway? If they still need to nurse, take them to a quiet area and put Foster back in with them.

Sharon

We've been preparing here as well. Especially with this being the 2 yr anniversary of Katrina. Dean has made us nervous from the start.
I'v been offline the past few days doing lots of pre pre prep here and still have a bit more to go. ( So I'm sorry to everyone that I haven't answered any posts!)
Everybody be smart and prepared please. Over preperation and not needing it is much better than not being prepared and needing to have been!
Make sure you have your first aid kits handy too. ( for humans, dogs, cats and bunnies!)
Misssissippi and Louisiana have already started putting evacuation plans into place. And supplies such a s water, ready to eat meals, tarps, and other supplies have already been shipped in. We aren't taking any chances this time. Living through one was pretty tough.
Anyway, I;ve rambled... Stay safe everyone.

:inlove:

~Sealy

I just got back to San Antonio from Fort Worth today and I have been completely internetless, phoneless, and tvless. I had no idea what was going on until yesterday. It looks like the northern part of the storm is going to hit the Valley. As of right now anyway. I called my friend in Dallas and she said she was more than willing to take my family and pets in from the storm if it was necessary so that is such a relief! All my pets are used to traveling so we should all be ok.

In your situation, I would start getting the bunnies used to the carrier they will be in should you need to evacuate. Wish us luck!

t.

Most of my bunnies are used to car rides... Foster has rode more than anyone i was just worried about her babies... My husband is leaving to go work out of town... if it decides to turn he is comeing back to pick up some of our pets and we will be going to stay in his apartment... I am ready to leave at a moments notice... I already bought extra pet foods and other supplies when i bought supplies for us...

good luck and stay safe especially for the people in the path of dean

I don't want any tv at all (well, besides some Law & Order at night sometimes), so I didn't know there was a hurricane coming.

Is it looking like a really bad one?

I am keeping everyone in my thoughts :hug:.

Back