Anyone else have standard rex?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canela_2004

Reaction score
I have a standard rex doe named Kahlua. She is 2 years old and is castor colored. SHe was a show bunny before I bought her and now she is just a spoiled house bunny. Does anyone here have standard rexes?

I honestly don't know if anyone here has a standard Rex...but I'm sure someone does! I'm still relatively new here and don't know everyone's babies yet. Do you happen to have any pictures of her? :)

-Kathy

Hi! I breed Standard Rex. I currently have blues, dalmation and a naughty little himalayan. We have quite a few Standard Rex here on RO! :D

I know Bunnys_rule63 does, I think Aurora369 does and I think Binkies does, not sure who else.

I absolutely love them and that isthe breed/colorI want next:shock:;).

oooh! blues. i just melt when I see those. Opals as well. I love that coloring. Here are some pictures of my girl:

trancedmoony.jpg

moonysleeping.jpg
kahluabunny.jpg

Awww, she's a stunner! I love that dewlap. My blue doe Mulch has one like that, when she lies down it's like a big pillow around her head. :D

Jenson wrote:
Hi! I breed Standard Rex. I currently have blues, dalmation and a naughty little himalayan. We have quite a few Standard Rex here on RO! :D
Oooooh, Jenson, can I/we see dalmatian pics? I loooove that variety best of all! (Sorry if I hijacked.)

yes i also would like to see pics. I would love to see pictures of your blue rexes. pleeeeease.... :D

Jenson has a beautiful buck, Jay, who is a blue. I love him!

I have a mini-rex who is a castor. I love all rex, but I'd love to have a standard one day.

Yours is absolutely adorable! I do want to pull that loose hair tho - we are very crazy about that here lol!

Plus, I'd love to kiss her head! what a doll!

Zeke is a cross bred bun who ended up with Rex fur. His mother was a rex and his father was something fluffy. I'm pretty sure there is incest in there, because I don't think that mix would have turned up rex fur unless both parents where carriers (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!).

I now have one rex, 4 mini rexes and a mini lop. Baxter is definitely out numbered!

--Dawn

Yup, you're right, the Rex fur is a recessive gene. Very pretty bunnies you have there, though, odd family connections or no! :biggrin2:

Thanks Bo! Jay is flattered. ;)

There are lots of photos of Jay and other Rex in my old blog:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=25902&forum_id=6

I call Missy a dalmation but she's more like a broken harlequin? :D I have a very pretty little bi dalmation doe with nice spots, I'll get some photos of her tomorrow. I also have one that was born with only one spot, it's almost pure white with one dark spot on it's ribs and a few specks of colour on one ear, it has dark eyes of course, so it looks very unusual, like a dark eyed white!

I used to have a black tort. buck, but we had to sell him because we were moving.

His name was Bourbeuse.

Image1005missy.jpg

Here is my little dalmation doe when she was a few days old, she's so pretty now. I havn't had time to take any new photos, I'll try tomrrow.

That blue rex is amazing! I had to show my whole family his gorgeous picture. :)

I have two standard rexes, whom I plan on breeding this year.:)
The doe lives outside in a hutch and the buck lives inside, since he's the one that's best at using the litter box:p (He's started cheating recently though...but luckily anything wet goes in the litter box, just as well since he's on carpet floor:shock:)
He was actually moved inside last autoumn because he had sore paws, so I decided to move him in to protect him from the humid air (I suspect humidity was what caused his feet to get sore in the first place... it had been raining for a couple of days straight and I hadn't gotten to clean the cage for a while) But for him to live indoors, I had to put the doe outdoors, and that was just as well, since I had been trying and failing to litter train her for months, I think she's happier outside, she was even born outside:biggrin2:

Here's the buck, my lovely Sasuke the Legendary Black Beast:
Handsome_rabbit_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

He's a black rex (obvioulsy...) His father was a blue sable and his mother castor:biggrin2:

His wife-to-be: Vestkystens Romance told by Aroma
Aroma_eating_hay_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

She's a brown sable rex. I'm not quite sure what the colours are back in her pedigree since the breeder didn't write any colours on it... just her genetic code but I have been told she might carry blue:biggrin2: Only time will tell...I know Sasuke carries it since his father was blue sable, and his sister was a blue aguti.

Both of them have been shown:dude: Sasuke has gotten 93.5 at the most, Aroma got 91. (lost a few points for uneven colouring:? why did I have to fall in love with a sable siamese?:D and not a simpler colour? but no...I want japanese harlequins, chestnut agutis and siamese, first two I haven't really seen a lot in rexes...even the sables were hard to come by in my area, Aroma comes all the way from accross the country!)

Latest posts

Back