Anyone else got Velveteen Lops? Here's mine!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velveteen_Lop

Reaction score
Anyone else on here share the love of this breed like myself? Here is my two year old harli Velveteen Lop doe, Ella. She can be a bit grumpy at times but I love her anyways. She originally came with her sister Charlotte, who I lost unfortunantely last year to teeth issues. This breed sure does have alot of personality to give! If anyone else shares their lives with this wonderful breed feel free to post as well :)

photo_zps6885ac8c.jpg

there are french, english, mini, and holland lops. Velveteens are not a recognized breed. Lion lops are also being played with by breeders

Yes, they are indeed not recognized yet. There are the French, Holland, Mini and English Lops that are all recognized by ARBA. I am pretty sure they are hoping the Velveteens will be passed as a breed by next year, but things have been up in the air for this breed for awhile now. They just can seem to pass enough inspections!

Don't forget American Fuzzy Lops! There are five lop breeds currently recognized.

Velveteen Lops won't be recognized as a breed until at least 2016. The current COD holder can present for the first time at the 2014 ARBA Convention and then has to pass three presentations before they're recognized as a breed. She has a window of five years to pass them.

Last edited:
We have two Canadian Plush Lops (A cross between Mini Lop and Astrex, which is a mutation of the Rex gene which causes a curly, plush coat like a lamb's but feels like a rex) named Wallaby and Spyro.

Here's Wallaby, our 4 1/2 year old boy.

308015_10200225763543256_415630904_n.jpg

And this is Spyro, our 2 year old boy.

527243_4209321827796_292267322_n.jpg

Wow all gorgeous buns! I've always thought the velvateen lops were very pretty, and love the lop factor with plush fur-We've had mini rexes for years but I'm a huge lop fan.
As for Wallaby, he's cute as can be, and I know I've complimented you before on him :) . I'd love to get a bunny like that but unfortunately I don't think there are any breeders near me at all.

Last edited:
love them both, their fur looks so soft and velvety...Wallaby looks really velvety, hence the name I suppose but Spyro has lovely colouing and they´re so agile...love them both. More breeds to take in, love seeing them all.

Kipcha, your guys are adorable! The Astrex seems like a interesting breed-are they recognized in Canada? Also-are you doing rabbit agility?? Too cute! I have wanted to get into it since hearing about it last year but I dont have the right rabbit or the resources at the moment!

Kipcha, your guys are adorable! The Astrex seems like a interesting breed-are they recognized in Canada? Also-are you doing rabbit agility?? Too cute! I have wanted to get into it since hearing about it last year but I dont have the right rabbit or the resources at the moment!

Yes, my family and I actually run the Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club,

http://canadianrabbithoppingclub.com/

I highly recommend rabbit agility, it's extremely fun and rewarding for both you and the bun, if you ever get the chance :)

The Astrex is not a recognized breed, it's actually a mutation of the Rex fur, so it pops up now and again in lines. I believe it is recognized in some places, but to be honest I'm not too sure.

Yes, my family and I actually run the Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club,

http://canadianrabbithoppingclub.com/

I highly recommend rabbit agility, it's extremely fun and rewarding for both you and the bun, if you ever get the chance :)

The Astrex is not a recognized breed, it's actually a mutation of the Rex fur, so it pops up now and again in lines. I believe it is recognized in some places, but to be honest I'm not too sure.

I think rabbity agility would be very fun for 4-H kids, as well. I might have to suggest that to our local kids to see if there may be some interest in something like that.

And the Astrex looks very interesting-I wonder if it will be become a breed eventually?

Latest posts

Back