Anyone else dream about their rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I was off my medication for a couple of days (Paxil) and had weird dreams - sometimes about my rabbits. In one of them.....Tiny was talking to the "girls" (lionhead girls) that he shares our bedroom with. However - his voice was that of the gecko in the Geico ads....complete w/ accent. Miss Bea's voice was that of the gal who played the main character in Princess Diaries....Anne Hawthorne or Hathaway or something?

Talk about freaky! Tiny was telling them what areas of the room were his and where his snoozing spot is on the bed when the servants aren't around....and Miss Bea was reminding everyone that she was the head gal in there and that she had first choice of the remaining spots...

Sure glad I found my bottle of Paxil! No more accent-speaking flemish giants in my dreams.....

Peg

Lol! I had a dream that I was wandering though a store with my mom, and I saw a box of those NIC cubes. I grabbed it and ran to show mom and then stopped, and saw that the box wasn't the right thing, the squares were too tiny and it was waaay expensive. So I ran back to put them back but I couldn't find the aisle!

This was last night after looking at page after page of bunny palaces made from those cubes. Yesterday and today I've been cleaning the bunny pee stains from the bottom of Oreo's big cage, and I went downstairs and found her old lil cage, and I was tring to think of a way to attach them so that I could have two bunnies living well in them.

Bunnies! I miss Oreo, but everyone says I need to get some new little critter to shower with love soon. I could get some other critter, but I'm addicted to Bunnies!

I'm getting so excited about having new bunnies, that I've gotten my giant notebook that I write important things in, and have written a bunch of things about bunny health requirments in food and stuff, and all my experiences with Oreo. I bet I'm going to have dreams tonight about running around in a store trying to return bags of pellets because they don't contain enough crude fiber, lol.

I once had a dream about someone trying to shoot my buns! :)scared: )
I woke up all sweaty and freaked out!! luckily I didn't have it again:thumbup

Well my dream had Gimli as the main star.................He went and had a litter of about 20 babies . He'd made a big nest under the dining room table.

My husband came running into the living room with a shoe box for a nestbox , shouting, " Quick, hurry, they can't be on the floor....too cold..."

That dream was a little weird ! That's the only time I've dreamed of rabbits ... so far ! :bunny5

Kadish Tolesa :bunnydance:

Good luck going off of the Paxil...the withdrawal is such a nightmare...I know. I had some weird dreams when I was on a drug called trazodone.

I was on Paxil for about a month and it made me moooooooooody. I guess everyone is affected differently, but wow I never want to take that again. I don't remember having any strange dreams afterwards, but I only took it for a month so that's pretty short of a time, but long enough of a time to know I didn't want to take it again!

I had a dream that this little girl wanted to pet my rabbit so I let her but the rabbit bit her. Then her parents went to court and said my rabbit was dangerous and it was orderedthat shebe put down like when there is a dangerous dog. And I was trying to run away with her to save her. I was really relieved when I woke up and realised no one was trying to kill her!

I'm almost weaned off Paxil and was on it for 5 years due to PTSD. At first I would feel these weird electrical pulses in my head, but now they're gone and I've lost 10 pounds. :)

I tend to have dreams that my rabbits have gotten loose and are all running around in the barn. Or that I have forgotten to feed them for a week, paranoid things like that.

When I am stressed out or my life feels "out of control" I have a repetitive theme to my dreams...I will usually dream that something is happening to my pets...like the rabbits are getting out of the house and then everything is black and I'm desperately trying to find them but I can't see them etc. and it will go on and on like this. When I wake up I am usually really upset and sometimes I will have even been crying in my sleep as my face will be wet from tears. I guess I always dream that something is wrong with my pets because they are so important to me.

LOL I was actually going to say how funny it is for you guys to dream about your buns! But then as I was reading about Greta dreaming about her bunnies getting shot it reminded me of a dream I once had about my old bunny Molly.

She got stolen by some guy that had stolen loadz of pet rabbits that were the wild/fawn colour so if any body had caught him he would of said they were wild rabbits.

I went with the police around to the mans house, and he had loadz of rabbits running around in his back garden. And I had to search through all the bunnies to find my bunny (as they were all the same colour so was difficult!) But then Mollie found me instead :D. I was trying so hard to find a bunny there with a white nose lol. But she just hopped forward as if to say get me out of your dreams you fool!

I have a dreams dictionary upstairs, I wonder what it says about rabbits! :)Im going to check now..... lol

To dream about a rabbit:

Rabbits have obvious connections with fertility in dreams, or the trickster aspect of personality could be coming to the fore. A white rabbit may show the dreamer the way to the innerspiritual world and as such act as a guide.

To dream about a pet:

A pet appearing in a dream means we are linking in with our natrual desire to give and recieve love. We may need to 'look after' someone (or something), possibly more vulnerable than us. Pets represent unconditional love, affection and mutual appreciation. A dead pet can represent the end of childhood or the loss of innocence.

If you believe in these things that is....

When I first started breeding - I had a sad experience. I went to pick up my rabbits from the breeder and I fell in love with a sable point buck. Oh - I wanted him....he was so sweet. He was pulling my hair through the cage bars and trying to tap on my shoulder when I had my back to him. The breeder's friend (also a breeder - she had brought her rabbits up soI could pick up from both breeders at once)...picked him up and said, "Oops..he has bad teeth" after she looked him over. The breeder who owned him checked him and said, "Yep...looks like he does". She planned to cull him. I begged and pleaded to let me buy him - that I'd trim his teeth and that I wouldn't breed him...she wouldn't let me.

It broke my heart...and for weeks afterwards Art said I would wake up crying, "You can't cull MY rabbits...." and I'd dream that they were coming after my rabbits to cull them. I think I had dreams like that for about 3 months....

To this day, it still breaks my heart that I couldn't save that guy. I tried everything I could - even offering money....

I never bought another rabbit from her again - and one of the rabbits I did buy....turned out to develop bad teeth further down the road....

Peg

Oh that is very sad :(that breeder obviously really didn't care about her rabbits. I feel that way at the shelter sometimes..they won't let a volunteer foster a rabbit..they'll put it down in stead... sometimes I almost can't handle it.

WHY won't they let a volunteer foster a rabbit? that doesn't make a bit of sense to me....

Peg

If an animal has a behaviour problem staff members can foster them at theirhome to help the animal with their behaviour. That is what the rule is...however many staff foster an animal because they know that it will be euthanized and they are giving it more time. Un fortunately the volunteers "may" not have appropriate situations at home to foster (ex. what if a volunteer took a dog home and it bit a child) so there is legal issues involved. I have been there as a volunteer for almost a year and I have begged them to let me foster a rabbit but they won't allow it as "there is not a program develloped for that yet". They know that I would take good care of the rabbit but its against the rules...... I sort of understand it as what if a volunteer took a kitten with FIV home and exposed it to their own healthy cat. The shelter is very rule-oriented and sometimes for the right reasons but it can be frustrating.

I had a dream that my bunny was playing in a forest. Then I saw a fox approaching, and had to catch Rodney so we could escape on our motorbike. I remember panicking because I knew how much Rodney hates being picked up. Suprisingly he was fine with it, and we got away safely.

I have to admit I had a dream about Bunny the night I met her for the first time (before bringing her home...note my story in the Rabbits Only Forum about her homecoming). My husband thought it was hilarious!! :D

I've never had a dream about my rabbits per se, but what led me to wanting a rabbit again actually was a dream

I woke up one morning having dreamt that I was on a University campus, and on one of the lawns sat a little agouti rabbit. He was just sitting there quietly and people were walking by without taking much notice. Then, as he turned and looked at me I saw something very odd...he had a 'hole' in his forehead. I was walking with someone and I said, "Oh, look at that poor little rabbit"....and suddenly everyone wanted to kill him as they felt he was injured.

That's when I panicked. I shouted, "No! Don't kill him...we can help him". And I walked over to the rabbit and picked him up. That's when I realized the 'hole' wasn't an injury at all; it was somehow part of the rabbit (and after waking up I realized it was actually indicating the 'crown chakra'). As I cuddled him in my arms I realized that he recognized me...he felt safe and comforted...and he began to purr just like a cat. So I took him home and named him Lucky.

After having that dream an intense desire came over me to have a rabbit in my life again, so I began to search. I decided to try for an English lop, the breed I've always adored from afar. And that led to Raphael coming into my life. Then when I was given the sweet little mini-Rex at Christmas, I had the most difficult time naming him - I've never had that problem before - and at the back of my mind I had this very strong feeling that he wouldn't be with me for long. When I finally did name him, it was because I thought...he can't die without having a name. So I called him Lucky, after the rabbit in my dream.

And now, even more ironically, Anna has found us...and she looks exactly like Lucky, the rabbit in my dream.

Latest posts

Back