Anyone dress their bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbaby80

Reaction score
I was browsing etsy's pet section and they have outfits for rabbits. Simply adorable lol and hats. I'm tempted to make something (fairy wings) for my English angora for a photo shoot and so my daughter can enjoy watching her hop around. :biggrin2:

I dress mine up alot but mainly for pictures. I've made outfits and hats for all of mine. Where I work they sell outfits for dogs so I get the smallest size and the fit great.

Daisy Mae

DaisyMaeinOutfits012.jpg

DaisyMaeinOutfits008.jpg

DaisyMaeHalloween2011009.jpg

DSC06585.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

Buttercup (RIP)

DSC03926-1.jpg

DSC05557.jpg

Here's a few pictures for you to see. I hope you don't mind me posting them on here.

Susan:)

OMG! How cute is that? I may have to get Becky a tutu and Gary a bow tie for when they do their therapy visits. The old people would eat it up.

Come halloween they have to get coordinated costumes! :)

It depends how the rabbit reacts. I doubt I'd ever try it with Honey, but if I did I'd start with a hat or scarf, not something I had to put her paws through. She'd run from me for days if I tried that.

Itd be super easy to make too...use tule tied srpund and elastic band. Tjose look like foam wings too. Idk how well it would all stay on. Some art sparkles your buns fur would be a nice touch!!

Sebi gets his nails painted with dog nail polish every now and then....pink. lol. He has some gender issues for it im sure.

I've dressed mine up (Jelly[r.i.p.] and Ripley) in dog clothe. I think I posted one on here around christmas of Ripley wearing his reindeer hat. He hated that. I'll try to get some pictures up at some point :)

Personally, pets dressed up like dolls makes me cringe....:p Normally I wouldn't say anything, but I do question the nail painting.
Now, I know no one on here would ever do anything they even remotely thought would distress their pets, so I'm not trying to imply that, but even the sweetest natured rabbit I have ever known IRL, my Willoughby, would have had something to say if I'd painted his nails. I would have been able to do it without too much fuss, sure, but what is the point? He wouldn't have liked it, even he'd let me do it. And why would you want to go putting chemicals on your pet? I personally see any kind of pet-dress up as slightly degrading to their dignity...

Ok, I'll shut up now, before I seriously offend someone. :p Unless I already have. But I could rant forever...

I don't agree with nail painting just like I wouldn't agree with people dying their pets hair, BUT I did try to dress Ray in a Hawaiin shirt. He didn't like it much
-_____-; :C

Daisy doesn't mind at all when i dress her up. Buttercup (RIP) was fine with it to. Winston and Vega are also ok. I think they look adorable.

I don't leave them on for long periods of time and i would never leave them unattended in case the clothing got caught on something which could hurt them.

Now the nail polish would worry me, how could cut their nails? How could you see the quick, if the nails are painted?

Susan:)

Yeah, I know they don't mind, and that people aren't being stupid, like leaving them on unattended, but it still annoys me. It just looks like it removes the dignity of an animal; y'know? Yes, they do look adorably cute, and I have been tempted to do it before, but it just seems to....remove something, for me. It makes them into a soft toy, or something.
That being said, I do like that pic of Buttercup in his green Irish outfit. :D And Daisy Mae's hat and scarf.

The nail polish for dogs is actually nontoxic. Its made specifically with pets in mind. I'd only do it my dogs though, my bunnies I see no real point lol and dressing I think is adorable but my idea is mainly for pictures.

Yeah, I've since found out the dog nail polish is to help strengthen brittle nails that break easily, so if that's why you do it, fine, although I'm still not keen on funky colours on a dog. That isn't why a lot of people do it, though, most I have come across just do it for fun.

Back